Author Topic: new Buick guy from Ohio  (Read 767 times)

Offline BuckeyeBuicks

• Buick Nut
new Buick guy from Ohio
« on: April 15, 2018, 09:30:41 AM »
Hello fellow Buick nuts; I have been a Buick lover since birth, came home from the hospital in a 46 Roadmaster.  My Dad owned Buicks til the day he died and I will be the same. I am restoring a silver cloud mist 65 GS HT(just got it back from the paint and body shop) so all the tips and comments on this board are very interesting and helpful. I also have a 66 GS HT driver that will probably be up for sale to fund the 65(my favorite and first love year) Thanks for this forum, I am becoming addicted to it!

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Welcome! (Re: new Buick guy from Ohio)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 09:41:31 AM »
Dear BuckeyeBuicks and 65GS.com welcome wagon, . . .

By all means welcome to 65GS.com! . . .

Hello fellow Buick nuts; I have been a Buick lover since birth, came home from the hospital in a 46 Roadmaster.  My Dad owned Buicks til the day he died and I will be the same.

Yes I'd say that's a hard core Buick fan! . .  :laughing7:

I am restoring a silver cloud mist 65 GS HT(just got it back from the paint and body shop) so all the tips and comments on this board are very interesting and helpful. I also have a 66 GS HT driver that will probably be up for sale to fund the 65(my favorite and first love year) Thanks for this forum, I am becoming addicted to it!

You certainly have come to the right place!  :thumbsup:  Could you post some photos of your Buicks?  We never get to see enough Buicks around here!  :hello2:  And if you feel up to it, don't hesitate to share with us your first name!  We are a friendly bunch and are on a first name basis around here!  :icon_thumright:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: new Buick guy from Ohio
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 10:02:34 AM »
Welcome Buckey. As you’ve already discovered this is the center for all things 65GS, Skylark, Specials lots of knowledgeable, helpful and friendly folks here.
Of course we always want to know more about your Buick, project, driver or trailer queen we love pictures.
There are actually several 65GS members located in Ohio. There’s a handful here in the NW corner. Several folks list there general location in their signature, helps a lot when searching for parts or activities.
Once again welcome to the site and we look forward to seeing your pictures.
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 10:35:27 AM »
Hi Buckeye,

Welcome! Silver is one of my favorite colors on a 65, we love pics. Also please post your name.
BCA National Meet is near Cleveland in 2020.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 11:21:25 AM »
Welcome!  Glad to have another Buckeye aboard.  I'm in SW Michigan, but visit Ohio quite often.  Hope you'll be able to join in some of our activities.

I will add my request for pictures.  And it appears you've been cruising around the site looking for info.  Don't be bashful; if you have a specific question, post it and we'll do our best to help.

Are you going to the Elyria swap meet next weekend?  If so, might be an opportunity to meet a few of us 65 GS nuts.

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 12:27:56 PM »
Welcome! Sounds like your 65 will look great! PM sent on the 66.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline 35chevcoupe

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 02:50:34 PM »
Welcome Buckeye ,   A big welcome from a central Minnesotan who is getting DUMPED ON WITH SNOW .  :crybaby2:
Anyway , Glad you found us and hope to see some photos of your car soon . Our Ohio group seems to be growing pretty big .
John Evenson

1930 model A 4 dr sedan
35 chev coupe 2 dr Master Deluxe suicide dr,s
55 chev belair wagon 4dr
59 Buick Invicta 2 dr hd top
65 Buick GS 2 dr ht 3 spd
65 Buick GS Convertible 3 spd
1970 Cuda 440-6
71 Buick GS
84 chev 3/4 ton p/u 6.2 diesel
Yeah there's more
There all projects

Offline BuckeyeBuicks

• Buick Nut
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 08:03:30 PM »
 I am so computer dumb I can never figure out how to post pictures. Every time I try something screws up. I live so far off the beaten path I do not have cell service so no smart phone for me, just an old "flippy" that I buy minute cards for.
 To give you a little more of my personal Buick history, I have owned a Buick since I was in 8th grade, a 50$ 54 Special. When I was 14 my Dad gave me the 55 Special he bought new so I sold the 54. The 55 was my first HS driver until 69 when I bought a 65 Skylark thin pillar (best car I ever owned) My family cars have always been Buicks right up until today. My son also has the Buick gene as his drivers and collector cars are all Buicks too. He has a 65 Skylark HT, a 65 SportWagon with a standard trans and a 71 Electra.
 Along with my 66 GS driver and the 65 GS I am working on I have a 55 Special 4 door sedan I picked up from a guy that bought it out of Arizona but never done any thing with it, great body, runs very well and I got a bunch of NOS chrome stuff with it. It is on the back burner until my 65 is done.  The 65 GS will be stock looking until the hood goes up. The drive train consists of a .030 over 455 with 2X4s, mild head work. medium cam, Muncie M20 and a Chevelle 12 bolt posi with 342 gears. It also has front disc brakes, heavy stabilizer bars front and rear and boxed rearlinks and all stainless lines.  It just came back from the body and paint shop so I have lots of work to do and a lot of dollars to spend yet. I go to the big Spring Carlisle, PA meet next week (have since 84) and the fall Hershey show since I retired in 2013 so I will be on the look out for Buick parts.
 I didn't mean to make this post a novel here but when I get to talking Buicks I some times don't know when to stop  Later.............Mike

Offline vinnie

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 08:09:21 PM »
Buckeye, welcome from Northwest Ohio. We always like pictures.
Glenn V
1965 Skylark GS Hardtop  2017 BCA Senior Gold
2019 enclave
GSCA 2168
BCA 37942
AACA 915140

Offline GreatScat1965

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 08:14:43 PM »
Greeting from Avon Ohio. Please feel free to reach out to us 'Ohio guys' if you need any help. Maybe we'll see you at the Swap meet in Elyria on the 22nd.  :wave:

Jerry
65 HT
Jerry

Offline Super65lark

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 08:57:04 PM »
Welcome Buckeye.. Keep trying with the photos. You'll get it. Or have a friend help you.

Iain
'65 HT sports coupe

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Please keep trying to post pictures! (Re: new Buick guy from Ohio)
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 09:35:52 PM »
Dear Mike and 65GS.com welcome wagon,

I am so computer dumb I can never figure out how to post pictures. Every time I try something screws up. I live so far off the beaten path I do not have cell service so no smart phone for me, just an old "flippy" that I buy minute cards for.

Please don't give up!  We really want to see those pictures!  Can you tell us more about what sort of camera you have and how you store them on your computer?

My son also has the Buick gene as his drivers and collector cars are all Buicks too. He has a 65 Skylark HT, a 65 SportWagon

I like it I like it!! . . .  :hello2:

The 65 GS will be stock looking until the hood goes up. The drive train consists of a .030 over 455 with 2X4s, mild head work. medium cam

Oh, ya' mean something like this! . . . . .

You see I kind of have the 65GS.com welcome wagon! . . . . .

So as you can see, we all like pictures of Buicks!   :thumbsup:  So please to keep trying to upload pictures of your Buicks!  Of course if your son wants to contribute some photos - we won't mind!  Especially of that 1965 Sportwagon! . . .  :laughing7:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 10:24:25 AM »
Mike, nice selection of Buick?s you have!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto