Author Topic: Gorgeous woody teardrop trailer with matching rowboat!  (Read 1138 times)

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Re: Gorgeous woody teardrop trailer with matching rowboat!
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2022, 05:44:35 AM »
Edouard,

Interesting and nicely done restoration (?) or build on the trailer.  Like the storage ideas.

And looking at the car begs the question of how it's finished.  Looks like it was stripped, scuffed and cleared with no paint to provide a similar look to the aluminum trailer.  Maybe he'll paint the car after selling the trailer??

Thanks for sharing!

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2022, 10:07:01 AM »
Very cool indeed!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Vintage Airstream eye-candy. (Re: Woody teardrop trailer)
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2023, 03:45:02 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick caregivers with road-trip aspirations,

Once a day I do my eBay window shopping for Buick parts and vintage trailers.  This afternoon there is a 1965 Airstream Caravel for sale:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354723209213

Of course it would be hard to post something even more off-topic than this, but the ad features a photo of the trailer parked in Yosemite:

It is such a pretty picture that I couldn't resist sharing.

Enjoy!

Edouard

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2023, 06:11:31 PM »
That is a beautiful picture Edouard! But, since when did they move Yosemite to Yuma, Arizona? Or is that where its being sold from?

Thanks for sharing!

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Restored 1935 Bowlus Road Chief. (Re: Gorgeous woody teardrop trailer)
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2023, 05:02:12 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick caregivers,

Okay, this is the usual off-topic, but it is just a pretty 88 year old trailer that has been beautifully restored.  On eBay is for sale a 1935 Bowlus Road Chief which are the trailers that came before Airstream.  Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185892498045

Here is one picture as a teaser:

It is just a beautiful example of a unique machine that has received a top-notch restoration. 

Enjoy the eye-candy!

Edouard

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2023, 08:34:11 PM »
Pretty cool!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2023, 07:09:12 PM »
  Hi Edouard, I just returned on line, our old PC computer died a little over a week ago and we were busy with the kids and did not get a chance to shop for a new computer until Saturday. Nina & Steven set it up it yesterday evening, So far it's working well. It does not have a disc drive or a a port to slide in my camera card but they will work on that this week.
  I really like the photo of the Bowlus Road Chief. I had never seen one before. The owners must be retired because who would have the time to polish all of that stainless steel  ?
                Tony  :icon_thumright:     
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Polished aluminum point of pride. (Re: Restored 1935 Bowlus Road Chief.)
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2023, 11:20:02 AM »
Dear Tony and mid-60s Buick caregivers with road-trip inclinations,

Hi Edouard, I just returned on line, our old PC computer died a little over a week ago and we were busy with the kids and did not get a chance to shop for a new computer until Saturday. Nina & Steven set it up it yesterday evening, So far it's working well. It does not have a disc drive or a a port to slide in my camera card but they will work on that this week.

Sorry about the computer hassles.  You can't live with one and you can't live without one.

I really like the photo of the Bowlus Road Chief. I had never seen one before. The owners must be retired because who would have the time to polish all of that stainless steel  ?

I'm sure polishing the aluminum was part of the restoration.  This trailer was clearly restored to be shown and having it highly polished was part of the appearance.  The trailer was probably part of a private collection and either will end up in a museum or in the hands of another collector.  Nobody would actually use an 88 year old trailer for camping.

Cheers, Edouard

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
More eye-candy. (Re: Gorgeous woody teardrop trailer)
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2024, 05:18:18 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick caregivers who at least enjoy day-dreaming about road-tripping,

This is of course completely off-topic, but there is a 1958 woody teardrop trailer on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186360923011

Here is one of the photos from the ad:

According to the seller, the trailer was fully restored about 15 years ago at a cost of around $30,000!

Like all teardrop trailers, it isn't very practical.  However, it is definitely an example of beautiful wood workmanship!

Enjoy the eye-candy!

Edouard