Author Topic: 5% Discount at Rock Auto  (Read 1721 times)

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
5% Discount at Rock Auto
« on: January 24, 2018, 07:35:19 PM »
So, why is this in the Vendor/Seller/Buyers Feedback section?  It's an interesting story....

I've been talking with Jeff at CARS about the rubber weatherstripping I need for my restoration.  I'm buying some Metro branded stuff from Rock Auto and the rest (mostly Steele) from CARS.  CARS discounts their in-stock Steele products 15%.  The non-stock items CARS gets no break on, so they can only sell at MSRP on those parts.

Anyway, CARS sells Metro products also and has had good feedback on them from their customers.  When I told Jeff a few of the Rock Auto prices on the Metro rubber he said there was no way he could compete with them.  To quote Jeff, their prices are pennies above the cost to CARS.  So after sharing this info with Jeff and expecting him to be disappointed, he says, "tell you what I'm going to do".......and he emailed a discount code for 5% off at Rock Auto.  "Here's a little extra for you".  And he said I can share it with as many others as I like, so here you go.

At the bottom of the Shopping Cart at Rock Auto there is a field that asks 'How did you hear about us?'.  Enter *7643024967380328* in that field and it should apply a 5% discount to your order.  I haven't tried it yet so can't confirm that it works.  If it doesn't, try it without the asterisks. 

I hope many others can share in saving a few bucks as a result of the generosity of Jeff at CARS.  And I encourage you to call and ask for Jeff the next time you have a need for some 'old Buick parts'.

Let me know if you have success or not....

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline JimL65

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: 5% Discount at Rock Auto
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 07:58:59 PM »
Hey Chuck

As luck would have it I have just placed an order with Rock Auto before I opened the Forum :-(
But still good to know. I'll try it next time!

Thanks
JimL
1965 Buick Skylark Sport coupe (in loving memory of her)
1965 Gran Sport convertible (mine)

Motor Trend remarked that its 12.3 mpg in city driving was "not bad at all." and a lot of FUN!!!
"Fast with Class"

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 09:55:43 PM »
Just placed an order and the discount worked.  Drop the asterisks.....the code is 7643024967380328.

Forgot to mention, the discount is valid until March 25.

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 09:03:44 AM »
I've used Rock Auto for years; they are quickly expanding their line of restoration parts. Interestingly when I bought my steering gearbox from Lares of Minnesota the salesmen told me I could buy the same part from Rock Auto for less.     
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.