Author Topic: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Super65lark

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 07:28:16 PM »
Ed,

That blue truck is cool. Personally I think it would be cooler with skinnier wheels, like stock, and less of a lift. But it is still cool.

Back when I was 16 the good family friends bought a 60s Ford Truck (don't remember why) and I drive it a couple times. I just loved that truck. So much fun to drive. It had a PA too but I didn't really care about that.

The UPS guy must have had his 'fix' today as he was exhilarated upon seeing my Skylark.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Agreed! (Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!)
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 09:47:21 PM »
Dear Iain, and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

That blue truck is cool. Personally I think it would be cooler with skinnier wheels, like stock, and less of a lift. But it is still cool.

Agreed!
  I prefer more stock looking in most situations.

The UPS guy must have had his 'fix' today as he was exhilarated upon seeing my Skylark.

*Sigh*, the UPS drivers also liked to see my wagon when was running.  Alas, she hasn't been running since last April.

Oh well, . . . . . Edouard

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up! Saw another classic being winter driven!!
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 07:32:19 PM »
So I'm heading home today after an excruciating 4 hour day  :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin: Shortly after leaving work, an early to mid 70's Plymouth station wagon turned onto the road immediately behind me. (got your attention yet Edouard  :hello:) I spotted it as the driver waited for a chance to make their turn, and it looked very pristine. Bear in mind that winter has an iron grip on these parts, and it was -8 F! What the hell are people up here doing driving such nice old cars during frozen tundra season??

Edouard, I do not possess this thing you call "smart phone".  :nono:  :overthetop:   :dontknow:  :confused4: Don't have any plans to obtain one either.  :laughing7: Keep foregtting to bring my 35 mm digital camera with me as well.  :BangHead:
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Glad it was a wagon! (Re: Saw another classic being winter driven!!)
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 09:53:51 PM »
Dear Tom and mid-60s Buick owners with an uneasy coping with "high tech,"  :icon_scratch:

So I'm heading home today after an excruciating 4 hour day  :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin: Shortly after leaving work, an early to mid 70's Plymouth station wagon turned onto the road immediately behind me. (got your attention yet Edouard  :hello:) I spotted it as the driver waited for a chance to make their turn, and it looked very pristine. Bear in mind that winter has an iron grip on these parts, and it was -8 F! What the hell are people up here doing driving such nice old cars during frozen tundra season??

Well, I understand your concern, but still, . . . . it was a wagon!! . . . .  :love4:

Edouard, I do not possess this thing you call "smart phone".  :nono:  :overthetop:   :dontknow:  :confused4:

It is just a figure of speech!  After all when was the last time you saw a phone that was actually smart! :icon_scratch:  For that matter when was the last time you saw a phone user who was actually smart! . . .  

Don't have any plans to obtain one either.  :laughing7: Keep foregtting to bring my 35 mm digital camera with me as well.  :BangHead:

Well, they are handy for streaming music via Bluetooth if you have a stereo that can handle it.  Even my trusty wagon can do that!  :angel4:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Nicely restored Mustang (Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!)
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 05:30:11 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick owner with d'em wintertime blues, . . . .

I needed to pay a visit at Orinda Motors and they had this nicely restored Ford Mustang getting a little 'luv . . . . .  :love4:

Yeah, I know, I've seen way too many Mustangs in my lifetime, but at least this one has been taken care of and looks really original.  Here is another view of the front:

I blur out the license plate numbers of cars I photograph "in the wild." since the owner cannot know his car is being photographed.  However, this car had its original 1960s black California plates.  If you look carefully, the word California is looking plenty "weary."  The owner of this car should look into restoring the plate because it looks really out of place on a nice car like this.  Here is the back:

Finally here is a view of the dash and front seats:

I hope the California sunshine takes some of the edge off of whatever winter is dishing out at you at the moment.

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 06:52:23 PM »
Thanks Edouard.  7-10" coming our way starting tonight.  Think I'll hole up in the shop and try to get a GS put back together......

Cheers!

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Lovely 1962 Buick wagon on Craigslist (Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!)
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2018, 11:17:11 AM »
Dear mid-60s Buick owners with d'em Wintertime blues,

Someone on V-8 Buick posted this Craigslist ad for a 1962 Buick wagon:

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/1962-buick-wagon/6505528709.html

It is definitely in great shape for a 1962 car.  Enjoy the "eye candy!"

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 11:27:15 AM »

I've always liked wagons and this one is pretty sweet. 

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2018, 12:47:17 PM »
Very nice long roof!  And in Michigan to boot.  But my collection is as large as it's going to get.....for now  :thumbsup:

Looks great under the hood.  Not sure if I like the blackout treatment on the body of the air cleaner though.  The jury's out on that...

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2018, 02:51:08 PM »
That is in excellent condition. Love that interior. Anyone have an idea of the rear axle ratio on those big cars ?

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline wildcat65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2018, 03:19:32 PM »
That is in excellent condition. Love that interior. Anyone have an idea of the rear axle ratio on those big cars ?

Dan

usual @ 3.08 That is what my 64 has.
Ted Nagel         65 Skylark GS 4-speed + Wildcats + GS's

Offline Psalm65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2018, 07:12:02 PM »
This thread  :rocker:

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Calla Lilies and classic pickup! (Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!)
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2018, 02:17:19 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick owners will suffering from d'em wintertime blues, . . .

Yesterday I spotted the perfect classic car scene for Easter but alas I didn't have my camera.  Today I ran over and snapped this shot:

Even in Northern California it doesn't appear that Winter is giving up just yet, but hopefully that will give all your snowbound folks some encouragement that Spring is indeed going to come to you eventually . . . . .

Offline Super65lark

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2018, 06:25:14 PM »
Edouard,

absolutely drooling over that gorgeous drop-top stang. What a beauty.

Here, my redbud is blooming. I say, when the redbud blooms, it is Spring. Though they say some more rain, but I doubt anything more than 'april showers' for 'may flowers'.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Dear Iain and mid-60s Buick owners with "d'em wintertime blues", . . . .

absolutely drooling over that gorgeous drop-top stang. What a beauty.

I thought I had some nice pictures of this truck when it parked on the street, but I haven't been able to find them.

Here, my redbud is blooming. I say, when the redbud blooms, it is Spring. Though they say some more rain, but I doubt anything more than 'april showers' for 'may flowers'.

Be careful.  There is an Atmospheric River event expected for Northern California and it will bring close to record rains.  Check your local forecast!

Now for the rest of those types with "d'em wintertime blues" . . . .   How about this Corvette!

It was being put back together at Orinda Motors after a restoration horror story.  The car was at not 1 but 2 shops.  I didn't get the explanation of what went wrong at the first shop, but the owner of the second shop was in a nasty divorce and his wife kicked him out of his restoration shop.  She was trying to keep all the car under restoration as "hostages."  The owner of this Corvette had to get the Sheriff’s help to finally liberate his car.  Of course not all the parts were recovered.  Here is a view of the passenger side with a bit of the dash:

Here is the front in the gloom of the service bay:

I don't know my Corvettes.  Can anybody identify which year?  Here it is being moved from one service bay to another:

Now the white is too much for my camera!  Finally, there are two views of the engine bay.  Here is the driver's side:

Sorry, my camera's built-in flash wasn't quite up to the task.  Here is the other side:

Enjoy!