Author Topic: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2019, 01:13:29 PM »
Loren, on your sugustion we visited Muscle Car City earlier this week while we were staying in Fort Myers Beach.  Lots of muscle under one roof, I think almost every car was a big block.. Thanks for the recommendation.. 
We also enjoyed some parasailing over the Gulf and thought of our friends battling the Polar Vortex. 

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 05:32:52 PM by Loren At 65GS »
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks for sharing! (Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!)
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2019, 06:27:25 PM »
Dear Loren, Kevin, and mid-60 Buick owners with d'em wintertime blues . . .

We had a fun time in Florida a couple of weeks ago. My head was spinning with so many beautiful vintage cars to see.
We spent a few hours at Muscle Car City. It was the last Saturday of our stay, but what a bonus day. Not only was there a great indoor display, but there was also an outdoor show.

Thanks for sharing!! :hello2:  In the middle of winter any classic car is a welcome sight!

We also enjoyed some parasailing over the Gulf and thought of our friends battling the Polar Vortex. 

Hmm, so how much did you remember your frozen friends in the north when you sailing through those blue tropical skies? . . .  :laughing7:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2019, 09:56:16 PM »
Kevin (and Angie),

You do understand that by Monday we're going to be in the 50s here, so that Florida weather might not seem so special.   :laughing7:

Glad you are enjoying yourselves in the sunny south.  Thanks for sharing!

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2019, 10:14:21 AM »
Edouard, I truly did think of my friends in the northern tundras grip of winter and with reservation delayed posting until temperatures moderated.  Having grown up in Minnesota and spent time north of the Aritc Circle in the Navy I know how bitter -50 with strong winds can be.

Chuck, we just made the discussion we needed to get away for the first time in several years. We’ve left Florida and are on our way to Texas were we will visit three Presidential libraries, then on to Arizona to visit with friends from of all places Minnesota.

So we’re heading west in search of sunshine, warmth and muscle cars.

Stay warm guys..
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2019, 11:37:28 AM »
Thanks Kevin.  Travel safely!!  :icon_thumright:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
That was a joke! (Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!)
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2019, 01:42:59 PM »
Dear Kevin, Chuck, and mid-60s Buick owners with a funny-bone . . . .  :laughing7:

Edouard, I truly did think of my friends in the northern tundras grip of winter and with reservation delayed posting until temperatures moderated.

In the voice of that eminent blabbermouth Foghorn Leghorn . . . .

That was a joke son!  Gag that is!  :laughing7:

P.S.  My computer is slowly failing and its replacement won't show up probably until the week after next.  So in the meantime I'm not able to use my full collection of emoticons.  Sorry if I'm not able telegraph quite so clearly when I'm up to funny stuff.

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2019, 04:26:52 PM »

Hey Kevin, sounds like an extended road trip going on there. I can totally relate to the need to get away. I'm happy the Doc's extended my leash a bit to allow us to get to Florida finally. It is , what it is.
If you find yourselves in the vicinity of Lincoln , NE , stop in if you have time.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
A senior Buick Special! (Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!)
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2019, 04:11:11 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick owners who suffer from d'em wintertime blues,

I'm finally starting to get settled into my new Mac and at last I can access my photo collection once more.  It is also been a particularly cold and nasty February all across the country.  So it is time to pull out my secret reserve.  In this case a beautiful Buick Special convertible from the mid-50s!

Believe it or not, it was being serviced at Orinda Classic Car Center back at the end of last October.  Here is a view of the passenger side:

Can somebody ID the year of this car?  I'm not very knowledgeable of cars before 1960.  Here is a view of the front tire and the very nice wire rim covers:

Here is the view of the back:

As always, I blur the license plate to protect the privacy of the owner.   Here is the driver's side:

Finally here is the dash:

I hope these photos bring a smile to your face no matter how cold it is outside!

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2019, 05:24:14 PM »

That is a '54 Buick Skylark. The '53 looks very similar. The front wheel well opening on the '54 sweeps back much more exposing the inner wheel housing, compared to the '53. I'm sure there are more differences that I am not aware of.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
A sad "changing of the guard." (Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!)
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2019, 04:04:45 PM »
Dear 65GS.com faithful,

I have an update on a "story" I told in this thread over a year ago.  Then I posted this picture of a home with this very own bone yard:

Here is the original posting that includes some photos of the restored Nash Metropolitan that was the beneficiary of these spare parts:

http://65gs.com/board/index.php/topic,3799.msg26641.html#msg26641

Alas the Metropolitan did not show up at last year's Orinda Classic Car show and today I noticed that the house with the bone-yard had been sold.  Here is a photo:

You can see in the upper left that the shed where all those parts were stored in the previous photo is completely cleaned out.  I don't know what happened to the owners, but I do hope the Metropolitan and all those spare parts found another good home.

Cheers, Edouard

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
A red 1967 Buick GS!! (Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!)
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2019, 05:53:18 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick caregivers,

Sorry, I've been delinquent in restarting this thread as the cold weather set in.  Alas, it has been a really tough year here in California and more locally.  However, I dropped off the Christmas cookies at Orinda Motors and look at what was being serviced at Orinda Classic Car!

Okay, so it isn't a 1964-66 Buick, but I think it deserves at least honorable mention!  Here is the driver's side:

Here is the passenger side:

Things haven't been particularly nice to Biquette either, but I might try to get her out on Friday.  If this Buick hasn't been retrieved by its owner, I might try for a photo-op!

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2019, 06:46:56 PM »
Thanks for posting!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline yachtsmanbill

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2019, 06:50:17 PM »
Nice looking '67! Ya moving on up?? That ol' Skylark has honest to gosh real wire wheels; possibly TRU-SPOKE?  The used to be really expensive. Nowadays, I wonder what the dollar to Gulag buck is going for?   Bill
Nothing comes alive like a 455 !

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Chrysler New Yorker! (Re: Da' Classic car pic' pick-me-up!)
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2020, 01:34:27 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick caregivers with d'em classic car blues,

Alas, these days d'em classic car blues seems to be hanging year around.  Worse still, while some folks are getting their classics on the road, finding one that isn't moving isn't likely.  Add to that restrictions on movement and seeing a classic car is really unlikely.  Fortunately for me, I spotted this Chrysler New Yorker in the parking lot where I was doing the weekly grocery shopping:

I'm not sure of the exact year, but my guess is before 1949.  After that Chrysler gave up on the suicide rear doors.  Here is a view from the back:

Overall the car is in great shape for its age.

I hope it brings a smile to your face!

P.S. Tony will have to explain to us how this New Yorker ended up completely on the far end of da' left coast! . . .  :laughing7: