Author Topic: Problem 101  (Read 327 times)

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
Problem 101
« on: October 01, 2017, 08:07:16 PM »
     New problem !! I removed all the aluminum molding around the doors and side glass on the GS post coupe and I'm not going to put it back because there were rust issues under the molding that need to be addressed and I don't want it returning since I live in the rust belt.. The problem is the A pillar is not finished like it would be in a Special pillar coupe without molding. Is the Special pillar coupe A pillar area a cap over what I have or is it a totally different A pillar when it came down the assembly line ? if its a cap then I can start looking for a parts car & cut and weld in what I need.. If not my GS is going to have that ugly area showing after its painted. I don't have anyone in my area with a Special post coupe to compare with that why I'm posting this question, any help would be appreciated...

Tony.

65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317