Author Topic: Take care with all that rough winter weather  (Read 338 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Take care with all that rough winter weather
« on: January 07, 2017, 11:10:14 AM »
Dear mid-60s Buick caregivers in wintertime,

California is expecting to be walloped by a series of energetic storms this week and all indications are that the rains will keep going next week and beyond.  The South is also getting hammered by a winter storm and the Atlantic seaboard is also in winter conditions.  The rest of the country seems to be in the grip of a nasty cold snap.

So take care with whatever the weather is dishing out to you and roll with those punches from Old man winter!

Cheers, Edouard

Offline Richardwa

• Buick Fan
Re: Take care with all that rough winter weather
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 03:13:03 PM »
19 degrees here and just started snowing. Weather report says 4-8 inches between now and Monday morning
1966 Thunderbird
1950 Dodge Coronet Club coupe
1965 Buick Skylark GS

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 08:52:35 PM »
Hello everyone, Yes the winter is upon us, Its 20 degrees and going down to 17 with a wind chill of 5 and snowing heavy here in New York City. My garage is shut down for the winter and the Buicks are hibernating. Its time to move into my winter basement workshop and start rebuilding, repairing & painting parts for my Buicks. I had better get a move on it I only have 3 months of winter left !!!!!
                                                                                                   Tony
                                                                                            Frozen in NYC
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
We haven't had much snow here but have had some below zero temps. Have fun in the workshop!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 10:17:52 PM »
Up here in the frozen Canadian tundra, Decembers snowfall was the second highest since records began some 150 years ago!! It was also the seventh highest monthly amount during that span.

There is so much snow in my front yard, my poor snow blower will have difficulty getting any new snow over the current pile. Thankfully the city clears my bay, but the plow operators tend to deposit a goodly pile in my yard after clearing snow windrows from mine, and two or three neighbors driveway entrances. The price I pay for being at the end of an outer curve on my bay.  :angryfire:  :angry5:

Temperatures have been below normal to well below normal, dipping as low as -25? F on occasion. Then we get to factor windchill into the equation. I just might need to dig out my winter parka soon!  :icon_biggrin:

I can't wait for spring to arrive, although if we get much more snow up here, flooding could become a major issue.  :dontknow:
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.