Author Topic: my 3-speed Gran Sport is up and running; will be on Ebay January 1  (Read 334 times)

Offline Pete Phillips

• Buick Fan
Finished the rebuild and reassembly of the 401 V8 ten days ago, and reinstalled it along with a new clutch and pressure plate, new carpet, new motor mounts, and new master cylinder/wheel cylinders and brake hoses. Car runs great--quiet, smooth, and fast.
This is as far as I'm going with it. So many people have expressed an interest in it that I'm going to put it up for sale on Ebay starting January 1. I'd rather do that, than decide which of two competing offers to accept, and thereby make someone very unhappy. I have too many Buicks, and this is not my favorite car to drive--can't get used to the gear pattern.

Pat Riley and I have reached an agreement where I am going to purchase his warehouse full of NOS  Buick parts, so I will be in the antique Buick parts business in a big way this coming year. I need the cash and the warehouse space to make this happen, but it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

So if someone wants one of the 400-some-odd 3-speed manual 1965 Gran Sport coupes, your chance will begin on January 1. This is a southern California car since new. Has the full console with floor shift, no tachometer, has power steering, manual brakes, needs a correct set of wheel covers, needs proper dual exhausts; previous owner converted it to single exhaust.
Pete Phillips, BCA #7338
Leonard, Texas

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: my 3-speed Gran Sport is up and running; will be on Ebay January 1
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 06:57:51 AM »
Pete, good luck with the sale! I still have this set of wheel covers if you're interested.

http://65gs.com/board/index.php?topic=2804.0
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: my 3-speed Gran Sport is up and running; will be on Ebay January 1
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 09:17:21 AM »
Pete,

Congratulations on the new business venture. Will be following the eBay auction. Could you post some pictures of the interior ?

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60