Author Topic: Legendary Interiors annual winter sale 11/28/16-1/6/2017  (Read 478 times)

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Legendary Interiors annual winter sale 11/28/16-1/6/2017
« on: December 04, 2016, 08:29:01 AM »
The sale is on! Up to 25% off.
www.lengendaryautointeriors.com

I checked the Year One website for comparison, and the prices are comparable? I don't know if Y/1 sells PUI or Legendary products.
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
OPGI also on sale? (Re: Legendary Interiors annual winter sale)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »
Dear Walt and mid-60s Buick interior decorators,

The sale is on! Up to 25% off.

I checked the Year One website for comparison, and the prices are comparable? I don't know if Y/1 sells PUI or Legendary products.

I don't know either, but you should probably double-check OPGI as well which is having their Christmas sale, although perhaps you do know what brand OGPI carries.

I'm definitely no expert, but from what I've heard, Legendary has a better reputation.  I'm sure others will chime in one way or the other!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Legendary Interiors annual winter sale 11/28/16-1/6/2017
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 12:44:01 PM »
bUY IT FROM LEGENDARY!

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 04:54:43 PM »
Legendary is not purchased from a lot of suppliers. I am in contact with Rick from Wellington Classics and awaiting some prices because he is a Legendary dealer. They give dealers better prices than we can buy from the Legendary website. I do not know if the dealer gets a pre- CHRISTmas break,but maybe I will know more later this week. I do not know of any big box dealers that would be familiar with Buick specific parts. I specifically wanted to go through someone who knew the differences in interior parts for 65 GS. PUI is sold everywhere,but it is not as correct and does not allow for options when ordering.

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 11:14:34 AM »
FYI....post on the Legendary prices. By going through Wellington I saved over $400 from the initial website pricing. It is safe to say that the 25% discount is conditional upon what you are ordering. After dealing with Rick,I believe he is pricing me very comparably with what I would have paid if I bought PUI products. For those of you with white interior I would highly recommend using Legendary. The carpet,door panels,and kick panels are all factory correct when you order the gray carpeting,but PUI pieces are all white w/black. He also said that the process is a little quicker when going through a dealer because turn around time on special orders takes awhile. I am looking at 7-8 weeks on my order and hopefully I will have the car back home by then.

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 11:52:58 AM »
Dan which kit did you get? Could you post the cost?
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 06:49:23 PM »
Kevin,
  They did not offer a complete kit price for our 65 cars like some of the other catalog companies. I went to the Legendary website and made a list of part numbers and colors that would be correct for a white bucket seat interior(convertible). I then emailed my list to Wellington Classics for a price quote with shipping to Michigan. If you are going with white interior,I can email you the list. It is complete minus seat foam because I have that already. Another option would be to email Wellington and see if he can do any good for us if we double the order,I just placed it today. Dan

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 08:18:56 PM »
Be aware that the Legendary white interior is not white.  It's more off-white, kind of like the Parchment in mid-60s Pontiacs.  I agree they make good quality parts, just don't want anyone to be surprised with the final product.  Ask them to send samples so you know what they'll be supplying.  Bright white is nearly impossible to come by.

Cheers!

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100