Author Topic: Including your Buick in this year's Christmas cards?  (Read 166 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Including your Buick in this year's Christmas cards?
« on: November 29, 2016, 02:19:08 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick owners who's cars are a "part of the family.,"

It is that time of year and one of the traditions (if fading) is the sending of Christmas cards.  A few years ago, I decided to create photo Christmas cards featuring my trusty wagon, so that I could use them to say thank you, to the various individuals and shops that helped me with Biquette over the years.  As you might have noticed, I've had to do image processing for decades, so cards like this might seem beyond your skills.  However, technology has changed so that you don't have to "dice pixels" to have a Christmas (or other) card that serves many purposes.  Just about any outfit that handles photos now creates photo greeting cards.  To name two, here is the CVS website:

http://www.cvs.com/photo

And here is the Costco site:

https://www.costcophotocenter.com/Home

If you go through the selections of cards, you'll see that the designs include the space for as many as 3 or 4 pictures.  So you can include photos of the human members of the family and still have room for your 4-wheeled family members.  Alternatively, you might make a small batch of photo cards for you "gearhead" friends only.  These are relatively inexpensive to make and many places have have your order available the same day you create the card on their website.

Of course, you'll protest that you hadn't thought about having a suitably Christmas-themed photo of your Buick.  However, that can be solved even if you car is now in storage.  Just tossing a Santa cap on the hood, placing a small wreath on the grill, so some other seasonal trimming will put your Buick "in the spirit."  If you live where you can drive your car year-around, you could simply drive the car a location that invokes the season like a Christmas-tree lot.  Another option if you aren't afraid of image processing programs is to weave some Christmas clipart into your photo.  For the ultimately lazy (or late,) simply use any photo and let the card's decor do the work of invoking Christmas.

So if you never thought about including your 4-wheel members of the family in your Christmas cards, consider this your invitation!

Cheers, Edouard   :occasion14: