Author Topic: How to tell someone to stop texting with a Buick muscle car!  (Read 292 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Dear mid-60s Buick fans of muscular cars,

Orinda has one of those stupid merging setups where just after a stoplight, two lanes merge into one.  My trusty wagon made a quick Costco run this morning and we were waiting for the light to turn green.  There was one car ahead of me and to my right was a midsized Nissan SUV.  The light turned green and the cars ahead of us started moving into the merging zone, but the Nissan was sitting there - "distracted."  Just as I started moving, the Nissan driver finally woke up and started moving toward the merging zone.  While I was a bit ahead, the merge is in a curve so the Nissan had less distance to travel.  So potentially there could have been a conflict.  In cases like this, what can you do but step on the gas and let your big-block - "speak!"

Can you believe it?  My wagon easily reached merge before the Nissan.  In addition, I must have made quite an impression with my wagon's assertive throaty exhaust.  All the rest of the way, that Nissan stayed behind me a very respectable distance! 

Now that's showing a 51 year old car the respect it deserves!  :hello2:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: How to tell someone to stop texting with a Buick muscle car!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 06:24:12 PM »
Nice move! :thumbsup:
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto