Author Topic: 1965 Gran Sport for Sale  (Read 4153 times)

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
1965 Gran Sport for Sale
« on: May 25, 2016, 03:06:02 PM »
Its time to sell one of my ’65 Gran Sports  :crybaby2: - a loaded hardtop. Bought it a bit over a year ago from Mister T (thanks Tom) with intentions to refurbish and use as a ‘driver’. While it has been entirely gone through, have decided my days of long road trips in old cars are behind me.

Originally a California car, built in Fremont (have a partial build sheet – or what passes for one in a Fremont car), the car came to the Midwest about 10 years ago. Original colors are Bamboo Cream and Saddle. The interior has been changed to black with Procar bucket seats and all new other components. It has all its original body panels, no rust and never off the frame.

Options as it came from the factory are power steering (converted to a fast ratio box), power drum brakes, tilt wheel, air conditioning (new hoses, drier and POA valve), power driver’s seat, power windows, automatic transmission (just rebuilt), 3.08 posi-traction rear axle, convenience group (day/night mirror, clock and trunk light), deluxe seat belts, remote mirror, radio with front and rear speakers (now USA-630 with iPod cable), tinted windows, custom bright exterior moldings (wheel well and reveal), two speed wipers and backup lights. Loaded.

The engine is the original numbers matching 325 HP 401 with 107K miles. The heads have been rebuilt with hardened seats. A compression check shows 180 pounds on all cylinders. The intake is from a ’66 and has a newly built 800cfm quadrajet on it. Pertronix ignition. Chrome valve covers and air cleaner complete the engine compartment.

New coils and shocks, new Waldron aluminized exhaust and a rear sway bar were added. The wheels are new 17” American Racing TT2’s with new Michelin tires.

As you might expect it drives very well and is a tight/solid car with no rattles. 70 mph is 2900 rpm and the steering wheel has absolutely no vibration.

Way better than driver quality. Asking $26,500. Email me at 3spencer2@gmail.com or send a PM for more information or pictures. Car is located in Green Bay, WI.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:08:52 PM by dsags »
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: 1965 Gran Sport for Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 03:08:11 PM »
More pictures.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Sorry you have to let it go. (Re: 1965 Gran Sport for Sale)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 05:12:57 PM »
Dear Dan and 1965 GS lovers,

Its time to sell one of my ’65 Gran Sports  :crybaby2: - a loaded hardtop.

As you say, it is really a beautiful car.  Sorry that you have to let it go.  I hope it finds a good home!

Cheers, Edouard

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 05:50:56 PM »
That's going to be a great car for someone! Good luck!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: Sorry you have to let it go. (Re: 1965 Gran Sport for Sale)
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 08:06:47 AM »
As you say, it is really a beautiful car.  Sorry that you have to let it go.  I hope it finds a good home!

Cheers, Edouard

Well, don't feel too sorry for me as I still have a 4 speed convertible. LOL

Actually, I don't have to 'let it go' but its pretty clear to me that my plans for putting lots of miles on the car are not going to happen. Based on that have decided it would be better to sell it.

Dan

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 08:08:11 AM »
Dan, kind of sad to see you've chosen to sell this beautiful car, but I fully understand that decision.

I owned this car for 3 years and very much enjoyed every mile behind the wheel. While it's a little different from when it was mine, nevertheless it's a great car. It was owned by another Buick aficionado named Mark Lob prior to me.

Good luck with the sale Dan.  :thumbsup:  :occasion14:
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 09:09:18 AM »
Dan, kind of sad to see you've chosen to sell this beautiful car, but I fully understand that decision.

I owned this car for 3 years and very much enjoyed every mile behind the wheel. While it's a little different from when it was mine, nevertheless it's a great car. It was owned by another Buick aficionado named Mark Lob prior to me.

Definitely sad, but situations change.

You took very good care of the car but lots of changes and updates were made.

Dan

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 08:55:46 PM »

Definitely sad, but situations change.

You took very good care of the car but lots of changes and updates were made.

Dan

I do love all the changes and updates you made to the car.
Tom B

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 09:27:26 PM »
Appreciate that Tom.

Hope your latest acquisition is to your liking.

Dan

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 09:36:49 PM »
The GT I bought not long after selling this car checked off one of my bucket list items. I had wanted one since this body style debuted in fall '04. Not sure how long it will stay as I'm having some issues with my clutch foot, which could mean no more manual transmissions after this.  :sad1:

BTW, I shared this on a couple of facebook pages.
Tom B

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 10:42:04 PM »
Sorry to hear that about the clutch foot.

Thought you had bought another car about the time of the 65GS get together.

Dan

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 09:53:39 AM »
Dan, I bought an 07 Lincoln Navigator in Alberta and flew out to get it that weekend.
Tom B

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 10:01:34 AM »
Sorry to hear your road trip days are ended, was always hoping to be able to cruise somewhere together with you and maybe even with a few other 65's.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 03:47:26 PM »
The '65 Gran Sport is still for sale BUT it no longer includes the 17" American Racing TT2's and Michelin tires. Now sporting original rally wheels with almost new whitewall radials. Oh yeah, and the price has been reduced to $25,000. As a refresher its....

Originally a California car, built in Fremont (have a partial build sheet – or what passes for one in a Fremont car), the car came to the Midwest about 10 years ago. Original colors are Bamboo Cream and Saddle. The interior has been changed to black with Procar bucket seats and all new other components. It has all its original body panels, no rust and never off the frame.

Options as it came from the factory are power steering (converted to a fast ratio box), power drum brakes, tilt wheel, air conditioning (new hoses, drier and POA valve), power driver’s seat, power windows, automatic transmission (just rebuilt), 3.08 posi-traction rear axle, convenience group (day/night mirror, clock and trunk light), deluxe seat belts, remote mirror, radio with front and rear speakers (now USA-630 with iPod cable), tinted windows, custom bright exterior moldings (wheel well and reveal), two speed wipers and backup lights. Its loaded.

The engine is the original numbers matching 325 HP 401 with 107K miles. The heads have been rebuilt with hardened seats. A compression check showed 180 pounds on all cylinders. The intake is from a ’66 and has a newly built 800cfm quadrajet on it. Pertronix ignition. Chrome valve covers and air cleaner complete the engine compartment.

New coils and shocks, new Waldron aluminized exhaust and a rear sway bar were added.

It drives very well and is a tight/solid car with no rattles. 70 mph is 2900 rpm and the steering wheel has absolutely no vibration.

Way better than driver quality and needs nothing. Asking $25,000. Email me at 3spencer2@gmail.com or send a PM for more information or pictures. Car is located in Green Bay, WI.

Dan

Offline texasekberg

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Why make things easy.....
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 04:19:22 PM »
That is a super nice looking car, and that color just set it a step above.....which I had the 25k to spend....
-65 Skylark 455/TH400/10 bolt 3.08 posi
-65 Skylark Sport Wagon 300/355 ST300 10 bolt 3.08 posi
-64 Skylark Sport Wagon 300/310 ST300 10 bolt 3.08 posi