Author Topic: BPG/BCA  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
BPG/BCA
« on: February 24, 2016, 07:52:33 PM »
Saw this over on V8Buick.com. the BPG is now the Performance Division of the BCA.
I would say great news.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: BPG/BCA
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 08:05:10 PM »
Seems like a good idea. Like stated by others in a different thread; if we don't all stick together we may get legislated out of existence.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 08:41:46 PM »
Saw this over on V8Buick.com. the BPG is now the Performance Division of the BCA.
I would say great news.
Mark

The official BCA release.
http://www.buickclub.org/the-buick-performance-group-is-now-officially-the-performance-division-of-the-BCA

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
A bit of a rough circumstances of joining. (Re: BPG/BCA)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 09:50:44 PM »
Dear Mark, Jim, Dan, and mid-60s Buick fans,

I think it will eventually benefit both groups, but at the moment the BPG faithful are having a hard time swallowing the change given from the responses on the V-8 Buick thread.  It bothered me enough that I posted a defense to the BPG move on the thread that Sean started.  I'm not going to have time to look at how that was received until tomorrow sometime.

Admittedly there is something of a culture clash.  Honestly, I disapprove of both groups at one level: their role in promoting competition between Buick owners.  Racing pits Buick owner against another in some sort of "speed measurement." (although the rules associated with this don't exactly leave it to speed as a physicist would recognize it.)  The BCA has a major role in another kind of competition: the judging of cars for originality.  While radically different, the sense of competition is nonetheless the same.  I suspect the culture clash in this case comes from these two radically different but nonetheless fierce sorts of competition.

Honestly, I think we really need to appreciate our cars and ourselves for what they are and stop trying to pigeon hole either.  Our world is filled with way too much competition.  Any car that has managed to survive 50 years of the human rat race truly deserves to be exempt from this sort of competition.

Edouard

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 09:52:19 PM »
Here is a link to the discussion going on at v8 Buick.

http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?306972-BPG-joins-the-BCA. 

Take a look at the discussion and maybe even enter into it. 
I think this should be good for both the BCA and BPG and hope it works to everyone's advantage and enjoyment.

There are a lot of different sides of the automotive hobby; racing, modifying, restoring, customizing or somewhere in between.  Whatever your interest, we need to stick together to keep it going.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline mdkd

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 10:10:16 PM »
All

Thanks guy's for bringing this to our attention.

This sure should add diversity of interest to the BCA and stability to the BPG.

I don't remember the BCA being involved in racing in the last 35 years I have been involved with them.

There is a link to the BPG from the BCA site for members who would like to get to know each other and vice versa.

I also found it very interesting to check the BPG Car Show results for the last few years.

A special congratulations goes out to the success of the 65GS.COM members who carried our banner.

You will definitely recognize the names.

Thanks again to 65GS.COM for bringing this update to our attention and being the leaders that they are.

We have managed to keep our site free of a lot of the adversity experienced by some of the other sites and I sure hope we can continue that stance.

Milton (MDKD)
65 White GS HT My Pride & Joy
31 in Registry 2022 BCA Gold
65 Red White GS Convert 99 in Registry
SOLD to a good home in Ohio
65 Black GS HT - SOLD to a good home local
Several 64-65 non GS HT & Convert Sold
64 Special 4dr parents bought new not 4 sale