Author Topic: More Finds!  (Read 4597 times)

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: More Finds!
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2019, 08:59:41 PM »
 :rocker: From my 6 state 5 salvage yard vacation! Couple more cool dealer crest! I would like to have one from each state eventually! And rust free 67 GS 400 frame that we will be using as a roller dolly when we start on the convertible body work! Wanted the body on a super straight frame for work and this will allow for the convertibles frame to be not under the body when works being done! Also will allow for the convertibles frame to be restored at the same time!

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Good job! (Re: More Finds!)
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2019, 02:08:49 PM »
Another great haul Jon!  Good job!  :hello2:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2019, 12:58:12 AM »
Here are the smalls I picked up! They say it is the little things! Lol
A stick mechanism,ac parts, the super cool blade holders,accessory dash with
Clock!, also picked up a nice clean sports wagon tailgate! But already got it put away and forgot pictures!

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
More goodies! (Re: More Finds!)
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2019, 02:55:01 PM »
Dear Jon and mid-60s Buick parts hounds,

Here are the smalls I picked up! They say it is the little things! Lol
A stick mechanism,ac parts, the super cool blade holders,accessory dash with
Clock!,

Indeed some really precious pieces!  You are definitely building your your stash!

also picked up a nice clean sports wagon tailgate! But already got it put away and forgot pictures!

I certainly hope I'll never have to repair or replace Biquette's tailgate, but it is nice to know that at least one has been saved!

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2019, 09:16:25 PM »
Another puzzle piece! A storage console for the post!

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Another nice score! (Re: More Finds!)
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2019, 01:42:46 PM »

Another puzzle piece! A storage console for the post!

Another success considering how rare these are!  In what condition is it?  It is plenty dirty but otherwise looks in decent shape in the photos

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2019, 07:51:19 PM »
 Just looks bad! The dirt was free! Lol It is in excellent condition compared to the over priced pos 's on evil bay! Needs a good cleaning,repaint in red of course!,maybe a new lid pad and rechrome of the front tab? No cracks or missing pieces ever! even the mount bracket and original screws came with it!

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2019, 08:27:47 PM »
Some more cool pieces! A original excellent trunk badge with just a little fade in the red!,a  console emblem that is super nice ( no cracks) just dirt! The plate is junk!,and a rare unusual right hand remote mirror! All though this is not a Buick part,I plan to put it on the convertible! This is the same shape and look of the 65-67 left hand remote! I wonder if this wasn't made by a gm component manufacturer!? So far my Buddy and I have found a half a dozen of these !? But just on 65-66 cats and 225's? But maybe just a after market mirror from back in the day! It will have to be restored but is so neat!

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2019, 08:49:53 PM »
Nice finds! How do you find time to drive your Buicks?
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2019, 12:09:05 AM »
Finding time is very difficult these days work, helping parent, siblings, friends,trying to take care of health! Work! Anyways picked up this dealer only piece at a swap! It was used at the 65 models announcement! Really neat! Skylark GS is  not included but Riv GS is as the announcement and literature would come later! This from the Milwaukee zone! Group 2 ? Which might be where dealers were placed in terms  of volume or group at the announcement?

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Thanks for aharing! (Re: More Finds!)
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2019, 03:08:56 PM »
Dear Jon and caregivers of more than mid-60s Buicks,

Finding time is very difficult these days work, helping parent, siblings, friends,trying to take care of health! Work!

I hear ya' brother!

Anyways picked up this dealer only piece at a swap! It was used at the 65 models announcement! Really neat! Skylark GS is  not included but Riv GS is as the announcement and literature would come later! This from the Milwaukee zone! Group 2 ? Which might be where dealers were placed in terms  of volume or group at the announcement?

A very interesting and unusual bit of literature.  Thanks for sharing!

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2020, 07:05:28 AM »
Picked up a Correct T10 that will be a spare and help complete the extra stick setup I have been collecting parts for! Also a two fours manifold to go with the 64 cat stick carbs! Needs a cleaning and time in the bead blasting cabinet! And pair of driver bumpers that are good cores for plating
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 07:08:00 AM by gssizzler »

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2020, 02:43:17 PM »
Picked up a set of not so mint lol correct 65 road wheels! The centers are still faded gray! chrome is a nice shade of rust! But rare and hard to come by as only about 5000 cars of the total special ,skylark, sport wagon production run had them! Also a set of very solid taillights ! But not for me, they are for a buddy ,he needs them for his convertible gs! Just noticed these are late 65 wheels full weld , polished centers not shot peened  and the 833 stamping not the 813!? Picture of the 833 and j5 stamping with the motor wheel stamp and unistyle script!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 04:16:08 AM by gssizzler »

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
You sure are good! (Re: More Finds!)
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2020, 03:36:56 PM »

Congratulations!  :hello2: 

I don't know where you find this stuff but you sure are good at finding it!  :thumbsup:

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2020, 04:52:39 PM »
 Blessed and lucky! For sure two of my best buddies parted Buick’s for a business they found and had many parts for me over the years! A couple other guys sold a lot of nos parts ! Also many 65 gs buddies I have known for years! My buddy Gil who is retired now helped me find many parts and I learned how to take many
pieces off the cars without wrecking them! He parted well over 300 Buick’s! We enjoyed also hitting the junkyards , probably went to 75 to 85 yards! We had lots of fun! My buddy Bob has also parted over 300 cars
went on two trips with him parts hunting!, fun plus I got to travel to some states that I haven’t been! He also helped transport my convertible home from Wyoming! My buddy Jim who passed away always called me when he found or had nos pieces! I enjoyed talking with him he was old school and a police officer at one time! I would see him at swaps! He use to hit yards also! At one of the swaps he had a mint dash pad ,was getting ready to put it out and said I thought you would be here! Another time he had just got in a nos gs oil pan ! I never complain or bickered about prices ,something I think he liked and probably a factor in him calling me first! Yet at another swap he says hey I got something for your but I didn’t bring them and There probably going to be to much for you! Well what you got Jim? A set of NOS wheel well trims! No way! After finding out the price and considering how much it cost to get dented ones redone they were cheap! I remember being at a swap and a guy had nos parts! I ask what else he might have for my car? I got headlight doors! Yes three rights but you probably don’t want them not being pairs!? I sure do! As I had three left nos at home ! Another swap a guy had a few nos pieces most people walk right by! I stopped and looked found a nos throw out bearing which are not easy to find! How much? $3 ! Couldn’t get the money out fast enough lol
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 05:00:02 PM by gssizzler »