Author Topic: vinyl top trim  (Read 1133 times)

Offline blacksleeper

• Buick Fan
vinyl top trim
« on: June 24, 2009, 12:34:48 PM »
What would a person expect to pay for driver quality vinyl top trim?  Are the hold down clips still available?  Thanks in advance, Mike.

Offline sjfd04

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: vinyl top trim
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 01:41:54 PM »
You can find clips that will work for the piece that runs below rear window.  The push-in clips that hold the short pieces under the Gran Sport logo, I could not find.  I was able to save my old clips and they seem to hold okay.  This trim is getting hard to find, so I would guess the price is what ever you are willing to pay.

Tom
65 GS 4-Speed Hardtop
2017 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
1970 1/2 Camaro Z-28 4-speed

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 05:14:05 PM »
The 65 GS belt trim is not unique to Buick or the GS. I've seen this "vinyl top" trim on either Pontiac or Oldsmobile. I believe Chevrolet is different. There is company that makes zillions of clips, I just can't think of who it is right now. The ones that clip into the c-pillar will be the hardest to find. The bolt-on ones can be found in a substitute.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline blacksleeper

• Buick Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »
That's good to know that the trim isn't unique to the buick.  Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.  Mike.

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 09:27:44 PM »
Trim is Buick only! the GTO trim is straight on the sail panel not curved like the Buick. The only cars you will find the trim on is a 64 -65 special with two tone paint or vinyl top or the 65 gs post or hardtop! The name of the company Mark was thinking of Au-Ve-Co products (auto-vehicle-parts-co),I think they will show some hardware on line! you will most likely have to buy them at a body shop supply house.
I think Restoration Supply out of PA might have them!Jon

Offline blacksleeper

• Buick Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 11:13:34 AM »
Thanks Jon, that might have saved me an "issue"in the future. Mike