Author Topic: Back on the road again  (Read 713 times)

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
Back on the road again
« on: May 16, 2009, 07:11:35 PM »
Today marked the day that I finally went and got my car from winter storage. I had to co-ordinate a few things, but it sure felt good to drive my GS once more. ;D

Unfortunately, it leaked about 1.5 gallons of antifreeze all over the storage building floor.  :o Thankfully, I had the foresight to bring along extra, plus booster cables, as the battery wasn't fully charged. I had the battery at home, but my cheap charger won't properly do its job.

Anyway, it spun over for about 10 seconds, and fired right up!! WoooHoooo!!! After allowing the engine to run up to operating temp, checking the fluids, it was time to hit the road. I drove it about 12 miles to my house, parked in the garage, and will get into summerizing it next weekend. Of course, a celebratory "traction test" was also in order, on an empty side street. ;D

My car is no trailer queen, heck, it won't even win any awards in its current state, but it sure felt good to drive it once more.
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
Re: Back on the road again
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 01:23:28 AM »
It's amazing how a car approaching 50 years old can still feel brand new every Spring when they are brought out of their winter sleep. 

I love the the ritual and look forward to getting the car ready after the long winter months.

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2