Author Topic: Shifter insert for console (P-R-N-D-L) for Super Turbine 300  (Read 1069 times)

Offline lostark98

• Buick Fan
I need the shifter insert for the center console for the 2-speed Super Turbine 300 transmission. The one currently in the car is for a 3-speed TH-400 (P-R-N-D-L2-L1). Any leads would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Ken
Ken

1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Coupe

Offline campfamily

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Shifter insert for console (P-R-N-D-L) for Super Turbine 300
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 05:53:41 PM »
There is a guy on V8Buick that was selling them.  Next time I'm over there I'll try to find it.  Or, take a look at the Parts for Sale section, you should be able to find it there.

EDIT: Send a PM to Buickman1967 over on the V8Buick forum.  He is selling them, he's selling the lens and the black slider.

Keith
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:08:08 PM by campfamily »
65 Skylark GranSport, Convertible, Burgundy Mist, White Interior, Mostly Original, 70,000 miles

Offline lostark98

• Buick Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »
Thanks Keith, will do! Thanks for the lead.
Ken
Ken

Offline campfamily

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 03:27:17 PM »
You're welcome. If you end up buying one, post how they are over here, I'm considering buying one for my car.

Keith
65 Skylark GranSport, Convertible, Burgundy Mist, White Interior, Mostly Original, 70,000 miles

Offline GreatScat1965

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 11:47:37 AM »
I have one in very good condition. I'd be happy to trade it even for your P-R-N-D-2-1 PRNDL in your car.

Jerry
Jerry

Offline lostark98

• Buick Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 05:04:29 PM »
You're welcome. If you end up buying one, post how they are over here, I'm considering buying one for my car.

Keith

Keith,
The lens arrived this week and I just installed it. It works well! The original lens is beveled around the top face to fit flush within the chrome holder but the replacement is not beveled. It makes it a tight fit getting everything back together, but it works fine and looks great. It illuminates perfectly as well. If you need it, it's a good product!
Ken
Ken

Offline lostark98

• Buick Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »
I have one in very good condition. I'd be happy to trade it even for your P-R-N-D-2-1 PRNDL in your car.

Jerry

Jerry,
Would be happy to trade! The one from my car is in pretty good shape. Let's do this: Send me a private message with your address and I'll send it to you. If you like it, send me yours in return. If you don't like it send it back to me! Hope that works!
Ken
Ken

Offline campfamily

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 09:59:45 AM »

Keith

Keith,
The lens arrived this week and I just installed it. It works well! The original lens is beveled around the top face to fit flush within the chrome holder but the replacement is not beveled. It makes it a tight fit getting everything back together, but it works fine and looks great. It illuminates perfectly as well. If you need it, it's a good product!
Ken

I'm glad this worked out for you.  I've decided to leave mine along for now, mine has a bit of yellowing around the corners, but is still completely functional.  Kind of matches the rest of the car, and come to think of it, the owner as well.  We're both right around 50 years old, after all (me a couple more than the car!!).

Keith

Offline GreatScat1965

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 07:54:49 PM »

Jerry

Jerry,
Would be happy to trade! The one from my car is in pretty good shape. Let's do this: Send me a private message with your address and I'll send it to you. If you like it, send me yours in return. If you don't like it send it back to me! Hope that works!
Ken

Ken,

Private message sent.

Jerry
Jerry

Offline GreatScat1965

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 11:06:45 AM »

Jerry

Jerry,
Ken

Ken,

It arrived today. It looks great. I'll mail mine back to you this week. Thanks!
Jerry

Offline lostark98

• Buick Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 04:17:46 PM »
Ken,

It arrived today. It looks great. I'll mail mine back to you this week. Thanks!

Great! Glad you like it!
Ken