Author Topic: White GS in Gallery  (Read 1610 times)

Offline fraz

• Getting Started
White GS in Gallery
« on: March 20, 2009, 07:00:11 AM »
I am trying to learn how to use this site so please forgive my mistakes.
Hope this gets to GS people.
In the Gallery there is a white GS convertible with crome air cleaner and rocker covers.  It says it is owned by Chris Horn and bought from Bob Depp.
In 1972 I sold a white GS conv with crome under the hood like this one.  It had a factory 3-speed with the front flat console and nothing between the seats.  It also had a camel color interior.  I was the second owner and when I sold it it went to California from Rolla, Missouri.

I have been looking for this car for some time.  If this is it or anyone knows of this car please e-mail me at fraz@fidnet.com or call at 573-308-5494.

My name is Mike
Thanks

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
Re: White GS in Gallery
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 06:28:00 AM »
Hi Mike,

My convertible has only been through four owner now (I'm the fourth) and she's always been her original factory red interior (65,000 original miles).

The documentation I have shows her originally purchased in Kokomo IN by a Dr.  She lived a good life with the Doctor till the 80's when he gave it to his daughter to drive back and forth to college (the car stayed in his name).  He finally sold it to another fellow in Indiana who then sold it to Bob Depp from KY. 

Bob is a great guy who I met at the Nats about five years ago.  You'll see from the pictures in the gallery that Bob actually owned this car and an awesome midnight blue convertible also.  When Bob decided to sell her about a year and half ago, it was a no brainer and we quickly settled on a deal.

Since I've had her, I've had the paint freshened up, replaced the weatherstrippig, new bumpers, new black top and I'm switching the rims over to Buick rallies. (I'll update my pictures then).

The white cars seem to have been pretty popular, there seem to be many of them out there.  :)

Welcome to the site and best of luck looking for your lost love!  This would be the place if there was ever one to reunite with your car.

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2