Author Topic: 65 Gran Sport, red / black, numbers matching 4 speed for sale  (Read 2484 times)

Offline storie585

• Buick Fan
I'm selling my GS. Too many projects coming along and something must go. Approximately 8k on the 401 rebuild, transmission was gone through, rear end serviced with new axle bearings and seals, interior in great shape, heavy front sway bar, new rear springs & shocks, awesome driver condition. Listed on craigslist in Rochester NY. my cell# 585-755-0364

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: 65 Gran Sport, red / black, numbers matching 4 speed for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 07:19:46 AM »
Here's a snapshot of the posting on Craigslist and a link. http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/3776236817.html Also posted on V8Buick forum. http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?266317-65-Gran-Sport-for-sale-Red-black-numbers-matching-401-4-speed On V8Buick he talks about the missing ventiport trim and has more pictures. Also has pictures of engine number and VIN to prove its a GS. Would still like to see a picture of the trim tag.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 07:33:37 AM by dsags »
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline kcombs

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »
My guess is that it was in an accident and the front end was swapped, unless the Skylark chrome is covering the holes in the front fenders. MY guess is based on the incorrect trim and the A/C fan shroud. Odd to change the radiator and shroud (unless it was done for better cooling?).
Kurt
65 Bucamino
65 two door post (parts?)
65 Special wagon

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 10:38:44 AM »
Since this is a Flint built car, a lot can be learned from a photo of the firewall trim tag. It would have the option codes listed.

John

Offline GranSportSedan

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 01:57:25 PM »
Since this is a Flint built car, a lot can be learned from a photo of the firewall trim tag. It would have the option codes listed.

John

my flint built car came with a factory shroud and no A/C. it did however have the factory A/C block off plates on the firewall and the A/C style alternator bracket
Bob
1966 Special Deluxe
1941 Buick Sedanette
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 03:47:27 PM »
David sent me a picture of the trim tag. Decodes as two tone paint - red and black, 4 speed with consolette, outside remote mirror, Gran Sport option and red interior. Just what you see in the pictures. Seemed like a real nice guy. Has owned the car for two years and doesn't know how the fender badging changed. Its a real Gran Sport at a good price. Engine and transmission rebuilt. NON posi and Edelbrock carburetor.

1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 08:28:11 PM »
It's the real deal alright! Perhaps the front fenders were replaced with Skylark fenders at some time due to rust or collision. The fender piercings are different for the GS, so rather than try and cut three rectangular holes for the GS ventiport, it was easier to just go with the Skylark ventiports. Regardless, the car looks real clean, and at a great price. Hope it goes to a good home.

BTW, a friend of mine put a fan shroud and a AC fan with the fan clutch on his non AC '66 GS, and it dropped the engine temp by 10 - 15 degrees. Definitely something to consider doing.

John
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:33:32 PM by nut465gs »