Author Topic: John from Kansas City - nut465gs  (Read 698 times)

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
John from Kansas City - nut465gs
« on: February 03, 2009, 06:55:33 PM »
Hi,

My name is John and I'm a '65 GS addict.  I live in the Kansas City area.  I'm 57 years old, married to my college sweetheart for 35 years and counting.  I'm self-employed as a supplier to the printing industry. 

I still have my first car, a 1965 Gran Sport convertible, red with a black top and black interior.  I bought the car in 1970.  My wife and I have many fond memories of dating in that vehicle.  In 1999 I completed a total frame-off restoration.  Since then I have only put 2,000 miles on the car.  Yeah, it's a trailer queen.  The only option it has is power steering, but I did add a dual quad set-up.  You can see photos of this in this website's GS Gallery.

In 1998 we bought a 'GS hardtop from the original owner in Palm Springs, California.  It's white with a white interior.  It's basically unrestored but well-maintained.  Options are AC, power steering, power brakes, power windows, posi.  I've driven this car to Dallas, Minneapolis at least twice, and to Bowling Green, KY, on three different occasions.  It's very dependable, yet very thirsty.  Love driving it.  A photo of this car can also be seen in the Gallery.

I am currently restoring our third '65 GS, a silver convertible with red interior and a black top.  It's a rust-free California car, loaded with most options including AC, power steering, power brakes, power windows, power driver's seat, and I plan to add a posi and dual quad.  It's a pleasure working on a rust-free car!  Attached is a photo of where I'm at in the restoration process.

Chris, love your website!

John E.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 09:21:58 PM by Chris At 65GS »