Author Topic: My 65 Skylark GS  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Small Badge

• Buick Fan
My 65 Skylark GS
« on: September 16, 2012, 01:53:58 PM »
Hello - I posted on the V8 Buick site back in January and several of you suggested I come over to this forum.  My car is officially for sale - asking $35,000... Most of the pictures I have are too large to post, but I would be happy to email them.  Any advice you can offer on selling the car would be appreciated!  Thank you.

Here is my original post:

A small back ground about myself and my Buick. I?m 34 years old and live in lower Michigan (Flint area). At the age of 19 my best friend?s father purchased a 1965 Buick Skylark GS with 19,437 original miles from Ventura, CA. I remember the day this vehicle was delivered on a flat bed, and instantly my love for Buick was formed.

My friend?s father had a 65 Skylark as his first vehicle, and his father worked at Buick, hence his desire to own another 65. Over the years it was apparent, he had something special and my love for the 65 grew as we discovered a bit more history on the vehicle. Upon sifting through the documentation, all of the necessary information to trace the vehicle back to its origin were included.

?   Original build sheet fastened to the underside of the driver seat with twine/string.
?   Protecto plate included in the original dealership ?car papers? envelope with owners guide, fuller anti-fog cloth, and accessories for 1965 booklet
?   Original insurance information
?   Folder containing every maintenance record (roughly 100) ever preformed on the vehicle from its life start in New York to where the Buick spent the majority of its life in Ventura, CA.

Roughly 5 years ago my good friend was retiring and this Buick didn?t fit in his plans, so he graciously sold me the car. The day I took delivery, the car had 21,093 miles and currently just rolled 21,600. The vehicles VIN and build sheet (02-08 job 006), from what I have been told, represent the time frame of the Skylark GS before they changed the front grille emblem. It still has the original small badge grille emblem intact. This vehicle has had no restoration done what so ever. The previous owner to my friend touched-up the paint in a few spots. Due to it being a CA car, most of the pot metal has small pits. Also, it has the amount of undercarriage surface rust you would expect from a car that has been in a garage for its entire life.

~Matt

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: My 65 Skylark GS
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 07:19:27 PM »
Matt,

That is one sweet car. Very special. The pictures are from your post on V8Buick. Hope you don't mind.
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline Small Badge

• Buick Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:28:59 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to post/move these over!

Matt~

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 07:58:47 PM »
You are welcome Matt. Here are some more. Note the rear window defogger in picture 583.
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60