Author Topic: Thanks to Dan Ankeney & Brian Stone  (Read 1407 times)

Offline jmos4

• Crazy about Buick!
Thanks to Dan Ankeney & Brian Stone
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:18:48 AM »
Hi All,

Like to say thanks to Dan Ankeney & Brian Stone with the help in getting a rare 65 GS parts car out of WI over the Easter weekend

Dan helped me out and did most of the negotiations with the owner and convinced him to finally sell it and Brian let me in on Dan's find:

1 of 604 factory 3 speed coupes with the original drivetrain in-tack only missing the air cleaner and shifter knob, even the equalizer boot was complete as well as the dust shield

The car was very rough, I figured the car would come out like the Titanic as it only had 1 semi complete frame rail on the pass side and no floor pans from fire wall to behind the rear seat

So if you are ever in Green Bay in need of a wrecker, Dan has a very talent guy with a wrecker, believe his name is Ray if I got it wrong I apologize as the adrenaline of getting the car out in 1 piece was back on the road with only 3 hours of sleep the memory fades a little

I will have a write up when I get the pictures off the camera and some free time to write about this time capsule

Thanks again Dan and Brian,
will let you all know how it goes
Regards,
Jim

1965 Skylark post car (65 GS frame 401/4-speed, 2x4's)
1964 Skylark (future 430 stick)
1965 Special 4 door 300 4speed
1964 Special 2 door (future, GS 401 3 speed stick)