Author Topic: 1965 GS Red (black top) Coupe Project, North Alabama  (Read 1845 times)

Offline dagazio

• Buick Fan
1965 GS Red (black top) Coupe Project, North Alabama
« on: April 03, 2012, 05:33:09 AM »
I have a 1965 GS coupe, the original Nailhead is removed, on the side with the auto trans. Installed in it's place is a 455 Olds/Auto from a 1971 fullsize. I got this car when the in-laws were moving and had to get rid of it, It's been parked for 20 years and will roll, but not too well. The engine swap was started but never finished.

The car has the original Red paint and vinyl top and original patina! It had some surface rust, the lower rear quarters, behind the tires are rusted away, along with the trunk and a little of the window frames. I mean the inside of the trunk is bad! The rest of the car/floors etc. are solid.

It turns out, I am moving too now, and I need to part with this. I have three other projects and this one was first on the list to part with.

I am out of state right now working, but my family is there if you want to inspect the car, near Huntsville. I will be back in town April 13-15. I have a couple of pictures, but not many. However, I may be able to get my family to take some. Email me at dagazio@yahoo . I'm looking for $1500.

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: 1965 GS Red (black top) Coupe Project, North Alabama
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 06:47:52 AM »
You definitely have your car priced right.   I think it would be helpful if you would put some pictures of the rust area in your adds.  Repairing rust is a huge undertaking, and when it is mentioned and there are no pictures to explain, it tends to scare people away.  Also, what condition is the roof in under the vinyl top?  Do you have all of the AC parts to put back in with the engine?  Do you have the original shifter to go in the console?  Does it have a posi rear end?   
'64 Skylark 2dr ht 4 speed, 300-4
'65 GS ht, 4 speed,2-4s,AC,PS,PB,PW,Pseat,Tilt
'66 Skylark 2dr ht 300-2 automatic
'78 Yamaha DT 400 2 stroke
'88 Ford F-150 4x4 (used to be 4x2)
'89 Ford F-350 4x4
'03 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-speed manual (daily driver)

Offline dagazio

• Buick Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 04:00:06 PM »
Sorry to anyone bidding on this car I had on eBay. The last message I got from someone, set me off and I removed the posting. If a real '65 GS enthusiast want's to contact me about the car, please email me at dagazio at yahoo.

Kind Regards,
Darren

Offline dagazio

• Buick Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 06:36:33 PM »
Sold and going to a good home next week.