Author Topic: New to the board  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Jonesy

• Crazy about Buick!
New to the board
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:30:46 PM »
Just signed up today and wanted to say "Semper Fi". I am a firefighter/paramedic in S. Fla. originally from Flint, Mich. My dad retired from Buick, Factory 5 tranny shop, in Flint, with 41.7 years in. His first car was a 1964 Skylark, which he was able to purchase at a discount after having completed his first 90 days in the shop. His second car was a 1966 Buick GS and his third a 70 silver Skylark convertible. I currently own a Flint built 70 GS 455 auto. I am a combat vet, one tour with the Marines in 2003 to Iraq, and am currently in the Navy CB's as a reservist, possibly headed to the 'Stan later this year. I love being deployed........Enough BIO/INFO. I have a car in mind for purchase, which will happen this year whether I deploy or not. It's a 65GS near me that has been owned by the same person since the mid 80's. I will be posting some info about the car, in another section of the board, as I'm not sure if it's proper to do so here. I'd like to find out if anyone knows anything about this car and who may have originally owned it. Semper Fi everyone and I look forward to corresponding......
65 GS 4-speed
70 GS 455 Auto
87 Grand National daily driver

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: New to the board
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 11:02:37 AM »
Jonesy,

Welcome to our little clubhouse. Yes, post some photos of the '65GS that you're interested in buying. Perhaps in the General Discussion section. We will be happy to see if anyone here knows anything about the GS. Doesn't the current owner know anything about it's history? Can you get the VIN and a photo (or data) from the firewall trim tag? Now is a good time to buy a musclecar as the market price is down. About as low as I hope it'll go anyway. There have been plenty of '65 GSs on the market lately. You should be able to find a good, clean, rust free car if you are vigilant.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and all the men and women in uniform for their service to out great country.

John Egel

Offline Jonesy

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 12:34:49 PM »
Mr. Egel, thank you sir, I appreciate it. I will post something in the General Discussion area, what I've been told about the car anyway. Maybe somebody knows something. It's not imperative as I'll be purchasing the vehicle anyway but I think it would be fantastic to learn anything more about it that I can.
65 GS 4-speed
70 GS 455 Auto
87 Grand National daily driver

Offline kcombs

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 08:37:58 PM »
Welcome from northern Cali!
Kurt
65 Bucamino
65 two door post (parts?)
65 Special wagon

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 12:11:30 AM »
Welcome Jonesy and thank you for your service.

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2