Author Topic: Package tray  (Read 1767 times)

Offline jaredyocum

• Crazy about Buick!
Package tray
« on: December 31, 2011, 04:57:21 PM »
I want a saddle tan mesh package tray with 2 speaker windows in it any idea where I may find one?
JSY

Offline Weldar

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Package tray
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »
Think Legendary Interiors would have this. Not sure about the color though.

Can anyone share some pics of their package tray (that has the speaker cutouts) from the top and underneath?

Dwaine
65 Skylark GS HT Auto - Under restoration
65 Skylark GS HT 4sp - Driver
2 x 65 Skylarks for parts

"If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready" - Les K.
"The closer to the wellhead the better" - Oilfield Oldtimer

Offline Fawn Beige Thin Pillar Cp

• Buick Fan
  • I OWN WORLDWIDE AUTOMOTIVE INC AND SUPPLY PARTS
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:15:56 AM »
What color are you looking for? Fawn Beige. I just put one in my 65. PUI makes a rear shelf for the 65 Chevelle in Fawn Beige. They don't show it for a Skylark, but Denise made it for me since they do the color and the template I just had to wait 2-3 weeks, but it was worth it cause it was right.

Glenn

Offline gs spoken here

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 12:13:24 PM »
I put one in my red 65 about two years ago and got it from The Parts Place. I also got the seven piece rear window inside trim it was for a Pontiac but fit nice expept the lower angle corners, You need to test fit and heat with a gun and bend,  then paint and install. Cannot remember if the package shelf had perf for two speakers. It was a deluxe one but my GS does not have a rear speaker, but the package shelf fit nice. Thanks Bill.

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »
The rear deck sheetmetal isn't cut for 2 speaker holes, just one speaker in the center of the deck.... It's unlikely anyone makes a package tray for 2 rear speakers. Why not just make your own?

Double-check the shipping cost for the package tray, it might have to be shipped as an oversize item, and that's expensive.
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline Fawn Beige Thin Pillar Cp

• Buick Fan
  • I OWN WORLDWIDE AUTOMOTIVE INC AND SUPPLY PARTS
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 09:45:21 AM »
you need to cut the holes in both yourself. and yes it is oversized. $38 by the time your done.

Offline jaredyocum

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »
I bought a saddle tan mesh package tray and yes my car only had one speaker but I cut it and installed 2 decades ago.I tried to cut the cardboard away from the underside bit it was an epic fail. I also have a saddle tan vinyl version It came perforated in the center and so I need to see if I can have it perforated where the speakers are now. I have a lot of money so far in stuff that does not satisfy me . I wish I could get a tan mesh version made for two speakers .Maybe I could see if one of the aftermarket companies will make me one?
JSY