Author Topic: 65 GS Vert on Ebay  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
65 GS Vert on Ebay
« on: December 21, 2011, 10:53:46 PM »
Appears to have a replacement small block or it's a dressed up Skylark.  ??????

Enough looks right on it that I have a feeling that she's a GS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-1965-Pontiag-GTO-Buick-Skylark-GS-Oldsmobile-Convertible-PARTS-CAR-/130618319505?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1965%7CMake%3ABuick&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e69756291

Flint car

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: 65 GS Vert on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 11:12:54 PM »
Chris,

I'm pretty certain that car is a real GS. There was a thread about this car on V8Buick a few weeks ago. The poster/owner was going to part it out, or sell it whole for $8-$900. There was definite interest in this car, and several guys had lined up to buy it whole. The owner did not know what the car was. I went back just now, and the thread appears to be gone.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 08:37:01 AM »
I have talked with this guy. He definitely did not know it was a GS. When I saw the firewall tag with all the options listed I was convinced it probably was a GS. Even had him check the rear axle backing plate bolts and it appears to be a posi unit. Has rocker moldings, GS front fenders with ventiports, tilt column, etc but the car is a rust bucket. Probably only good for parts. I think the thread is still there http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?t=239883&highlight=1965+Skylark. Interesting that he would part it out on eBay and not on the V8 forum.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline skygsrivgs

• Buick Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 08:52:38 PM »
I own the car -and pulled it off the V8 board til found out whether  it was a GS or a Skylark.After getting some wrong info. I was back to thinking it was only a Skylark and do not have time to part it out(doing frame off on 5 -1967 GSs and work)that is when I decided to list on EVILBAY as a Skylark parts car.Had many questions sent to me on EVILBAY to keep checking if it is a GS.Talking with Dan about the rear end and had a 65GS.com member come over tonight -HE FINALLY SHOWED ME 100% VERIFICATION IT IS A  G.S.    YES the car is very rusty (frame,floor pan,trunk pan.I do have acess to a 65 SKYLARK conv. with good frame,NEW floor pan,NEW1-piece trunk pan installed by young kid  (poor job welds not even grinded) but trunk and floor pans could be cut out and used with the good frame to bring this GS back to life.I can get other conv. for $1,500    I am almost completed with my 67 GS conv. #s matching 4-spd. car and it was in worse condition then this car(I replaced 1/4s,frame,floor,pan,trunk pan,doors,fenders)I did this because it was a GS conv.     I do not know these 65s the guy that came over tonight looked on the ground and told me that I have a 1965 GS 4-spd. bellhousing right there?????Mike L.

Offline jmos4

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 03:02:54 AM »
Hi all,

Went to look last night and yep its a 65 GS very rough lots of options
tilt column works nice, full dash Power top switch, and clock still in nice shape compared to the floors which are about gone

has power driver seat base as backs of the seats are gone, no tail lights

does have 2 real good wheel lip moldings (driver side) and a third (pass) that has a few dings the last one is very bent but maybe saveable

does have a GS rear end in it no posi tag so most likely open

it does have a complete shifter ass's (auto) and some console parts

if any one needs 67 parts this is the guy as he has a ton of neat things

have to thank Mike for taking the time last night and letting me go through his collection (was in Buick Crack Heaven) very nice stuff and seems very straight up to deal with

Regards,
Jim

Jim

1965 Skylark post car (65 GS frame 401/4-speed, 2x4's)
1964 Skylark (future 430 stick)
1965 Special 4 door 300 4speed
1964 Special 2 door (future, GS 401 3 speed stick)

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »
Mike,

Welcome to the forum, pull yourself up a chair and I'll pour you a beer...   :occasion14:

So here is some advice... relist it as a real GS convertible if you still plan to sell it.  You've heard it here and from a couple respected members that you have an actual 65 GS which you can add to your auction detail as verification.  As much as I hate to say this and see another GS become history, if you part it out, even with the soft market you'd surely make more than selling it as a whole car (just takes more work and time like you'd said).  You are also welcome to offer parts up for sale here "pick a part" style, and members would simply tell you what they need over time vs. doing it all at once over Ebay.  I think that everyone here would love to see this car saved when your garage space would permit another project.  We are here to help you out with information and maybe even some parts along the way.

May I ask one favor?  Could you please list this car in our registry?  This will help us track it if she stays together or record it if she is sacrificed to save a couple other cars.

Thanks,

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2