Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving 2011  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
Happy Thanksgiving 2011
« on: November 23, 2011, 10:14:38 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Please remember to take a break and count your blessings and thank those who've helped make your life wonderful.

:cheers2:

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 07:48:31 PM »
        Hi everyone, Happy Thanksgiving. #1, I'm greatfull for a great wife and children that put up with my Buick obsession. #2, To live in the greatest City in the world. #3, To Chris for putting this website together and keeping us all connected in a way that Steve, John & I could not.. Keep up the great work that you do for all of us, and don't forget that I'm just a phone call away.

Tony G
                                                                                In NYC
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 04:08:25 AM »
Thanks Tony! 

You've been an awesome supporter of both the hobby and the site for a long time. It's been guys like you that started and maintained this years ago, who have inspired me to build the site and keep things going.  I'm hoping that the next generation of owners will continue the tradition and we'll simply pass the torch onto them someday.   :icon_thumright:

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays

Chris

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline mdkd

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 08:39:18 AM »
"Thank You Chris"

As a newer member of this site I can't believe the cumulative knowledge and support this site provides to our beloved mid 60's  Buick A bodies and others.

Having read most of the site threads I feel like I have more information then I ever had during my entire 70's and 80's GS ownership run.

My newly acquired 65 GS convert and I THANK YOU AGAIN for being such a driving force in making this happen.
65 White GS HT My Pride & Joy
31 in Registry 2022 BCA Gold
65 Red White GS Convert 99 in Registry
SOLD to a good home in Ohio
65 Black GS HT - SOLD to a good home local
Several 64-65 non GS HT & Convert Sold
64 Special 4dr parents bought new not 4 sale

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 12:56:25 PM »
Mdkd,

You've certainally made my day with your posting.  This shows me that we've come a long way as a group and we are reaching our goals of building a repository of information for the 65's and creating a warm and welcoming environment for owners and admirers to share and ask questions.

It always feels good to look back on where things started and where they are going.  Everytime I see some one step up and take on the reins, I'm reminded of how we are a growing community of car guys (if only a small group) and we are recognized and heard more today than previously.  The car shows that only had one or two 65's show up are now seeing as many as 5 or more cars as the result of members organizing their participation. 

The passion to perserve these Buick's and their history only continues to grow which I know is important to each and every one of us.

I'm sure Steve is looking down on all of us with a big smile on his face.   :angel4:

http://65gs.com/shumanstory.html

Thanks guys and here's looking at 2012!   :cheers2:

Chris

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2