Interior & Tops > Interiors

Dash pad / Steering Wheel

(1/2) > >>

Weldar:
You all have probably heard this before. the dash pad and steering wheel are cracked and I'm not sure how to repair. May have to post some pics but seems like the cracks may be to large for an effective repair. I've poked around at some of the aftermarket places but don't really see an option for replacement. Any suggestions.

Mark Ascher:
Buddy,

You'll need to find a good used pad, or have Just Dashes recover it. The Just Dashes route isn't cheap, but will turn out like new.

Some steering wheels can be repaired, but inevitably hairline cracks will return. Especially with the 64-66 design wheel.
Frank McIntyre is making new wheels, and there was a recent post about this. He has a website. The steering wheel can also be re-cast, but not for the faint of heart cost-wise. Sometimes the color of the interior will determine your course of action.
Hope that helps.

Mark

Weldar:
Called Just Dashes today for a quote on a dash restore. They offered an unadvertised discount of 20% and gave me a code to use on the order form. Was a little surprised at the cost even with the discount. Not in a huge hurry at this time and do have a like new dash pad available and wonder if anyone has used the Fade Away product they offer to dye their own?

dsags:
Buddy,

Used SEM color coat vinyl dye on my dash pad to get the color back. Excellent product. Lots of colors available.

Dan

Loren At 65GS:
I'm with Dan on this, I've used SEM products in the past and been happy with the out come.

Loren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version