Paint, Trim & Chrome > Trim & Chrome

Small Grille Badge

(1/5) > >>

Jay GS conv:
Do any of you guys know where I can round up a small badge, I have been looking since Mark pointed out I should have a small badge, I have a feeling that will be hard to find.

Jay

Chris:
Jay

I have one left (I had two and gave one away).

I'd really hate to part with it since they are so unique however I would consider loaning it out long enough to someone (preferrably a company) that could take a quality mold from it and recast a low volume batch or really good replacements (maybe 25 or so).

I would be willing to do the leg work and round up some pricing and even manage the project however I would need guys on here who are interested to pony up a deposit to help ensure that all the costs are covered.  I'm not looking to flood the market with these and ruin the uniqueness and honestly the demand should very niche.  Like the lens project I done, the intent is to basically get really good replacements into the hands of those "early bird" guys who need them.

The other option of course is to continue looking for a good one.  I've heard rumors of these emblems switching hands for as much as $600 but have never witnessed this myself.  If the rumors are true, I'm sure it was back during a time that the economy was a lot better.

So what do you guys think.. is there enough interest out there (with deposits) to make a short run of these happen?  Let's start here and if we can get at least 25 guys talking about this seriously, I can take it to the next level and see what it would cost per emblem to make this happen.

Thanks,

Chris

65GS:
Chris

I would be happy to make a resin copy of mine if it would help. This way no one would risk thier original.

Al

Chris:
A resin copy would work since most of them that I've seen are more silver then chrome plated (mine is actually chrome). 

The silver color could be matched up pretty close with a little TLC and some paint.

Chris

Loren At 65GS:
I didn't know there was two different finishes. The one I have looks like an aluminum color as have the others I've seen.

Loren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version