Classifieds > Parts Wanted

Parts needed for both 65 GS projects.

(1/2) > >>

option B9:
   I have 2 more items needed for my 65 GS projects: For the Red Coupe I need 1 more 5 X 4 3/4 15 inch chrome roadwheel for a spare tire. A good daily driver with decent chrome is what I need.  Next I'm in need of a  air cleaner lid for the chrome base that I have for the Code Z project.  Thanks to everyone for the help.

Tony :icon_thumright:

cwmcobra:
Hi Tony,

I have several 15" chrome wheels for a Skylark. I can send some pictures if you'd like.

Chuck

option B9:
      Yes,  Chuck please send some  photos. After the holidays I'm going to start looking for a sale on tires. Either Cooper Cobras or the BF Goodrich TA Radial. The longer I wait the more expensive they get....

Tony :thumbsup:

Loren At 65GS:
Hey there Tony,

Hopefully Chuck will be able to help you out on the wheel. As for the air cleaner lid, on a single carb car, the original black lid was used with the chrome dress up air cleaner. The two four set up did have a chrome lid though.
 I went back to your "Code Z hardtop" thread and see that you have chrome valve covers. There was a chrome engine dress up kit sold by the dealer. It had the valve covers, chrome valve cover bolts, chrome spark plug wire brackets and wire harness brackets, air cleaner base was chrome, but no lid came with the kit. Also, a chrome breather cap was included.
 Not trying to be critical but those small items are painted on your engine and from a judging standpoint would be incorrect.
 I have a complete kit here in a rather tattered original box. It is planned to go on one of the Gran Sports eventually.
 So, do you have an original black air cleaner lid? If so, you can stop the search for a chrome one.

Loren

option B9:
     Hi Loren, and everyone following my insanity of working on Two 65 GSs. A labor of love for sure !
Yes, Chuck was able to supply all 5 roadwheels that are 100% better than what I have on the Red GS Post Coupe. Once the Holidays are over they will be polished & painted, 5 new tires will be mounted.
    Back in in 2000 I purchased a chrome air cleaner base and a set of chrome valve covers from a BCA member that was retiring and moving off Long Island. He did not have any of the other items that came in the dress up kit. Those items are on the code Z GS with an extra black lid that I found in a NJ scrapyard in the early 1980s and was garage art until it was needed this year.
    In 2003 when I picked up the Red Post Coupe GS from Sandy Shuman she said I could take all the GS parts that Steve had, so I filled up my truck and the GS the on the trailer with parts and headed back to NYC. In all the various GS parts there was a complete Chrome dress-up kit, The box was deteriorated so I repacked it in a new box . And it stayed that way until this past September when I installed it on the Red Coupe. I borrowed an air cleaner lid from a stock Black air cleaner,  yes I'm looking for another black lid to complete the stock black air cleaner since it will be eventually sold to a GS owner that needs it to complete their GS.
    The chrome bolts & spark plug wire brackets that are missing on code Z  is a problem ! I did look on Matt Martin's Centerville Auto Repair website, and he has stainless valve cover bolts & stainless polished wire trees for GS valve covers. The price is reasonable considering how much chrome plating would be. So I will probably go that way, unless there is another supplier of these parts that our members can direct me to.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone, Family, Friends & a Buick or Two or more  :wave:

Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version