Drivetrain > Transmissions

200-4R upgrade

(1/2) > >>

GS66:
So far I am loving the 200-4R in the 66 GS. The car seems to like it even with the 3.08 gears. The car is smooth and quiet and 70 MPH is about 2300 RPM. It sure is noticeable now when I drive one of the other Gran Sports.

Jim:
Hi ,what adapter did you  use? Jim

elagache:
Dear Jim, Jim, and mid-60s Buick caregivers who enjoy some modern car touches,

--- Quote from: GS66 on August 22, 2023, 08:48:06 PM ---So far I am loving the 200-4R in the 66 GS. The car seems to like it even with the 3.08 gears. The car is smooth and quiet and 70 MPH is about 2300 RPM. It sure is noticeable now when I drive one of the other Gran Sports.

--- End quote ---

I'll gladly second that motion!  My Dad and I first discussed trying to get an overdrive transmission fitted to Biquette around 1980!  Even on surface streets at over 35 mph, Biquette goes into overdrive and is that much quieter - just like a modern car.  Obviously you are tinkering with the authentic 60s car driving experience,  but you if want to make the car more pleasant to drive, an overdrive transmission will go a long way in achieving that.

Cheers, Edouard

Jim:
I put in overdrives in our last three cars 68 elcamino, 42 buick,39 lasalle  really miss it in the gs

GS66:
I used the Eelco adapter because that is what I had but the Bendsten is probably better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version