General Discussion > GS Questions

Moog no longer manufacturing Coil Springs !!

(1/3) > >>

option B9:
  I was at my local parts retailer this afternoon with another long list of parts needed for my GS hardtop. Everything was going OK until I gave him the Moog coil spring spring numbers. After punching those computer keys for what seemed like an eternity, he said that Moog no longer supplies coil springs ! I went home and called Jegs and got the same answer, the Tech on the phone said to contact Detroit Spring. I went on there website and keyed in my GSs information and was able to look at the chart and get an idea of what I need. I would like to go up 1 inch #MC1242 in the front (215/70s) and 2 inches #MC1637 in the rear since I plan on 225/60s. This should give the GS a slight rake. And with an upgraded suspension it should handle really good.
     Question: Since I have never purchased springs from Detroit Spring, is this a good spring combination for my needs ? Any advice is greatly appreciated before I lay down my $450.+   :help:

Tony

GS66:
A lot of us got springs from Laura at Espo Springs & Things. Other sources might be Eaton or Coil Spring Specialties.

WkillGS:
Sad to hear Moog is no longer making springs, they were my go-to source for years. Amazon still has some 6033's avail, they're the stock specs for 66 GS fronts. I used 6197's in the rear.

Definitely contact ESPO/ Springs n Things. Laura can spec out the right spring for custom ride height. Cost was usually under $100 a pair.

ESPO Springs n Things

http://www.springsnthings.com/

gs spoken here:
Walt what would you use for a rear spring on a 67 GS convertible? I see rock auto has some different ones. Would you use standard or heavy duty, and or fixed or variable rate. I was thinking of reg, variable rate. Do not want it to set to high, a could always use air bag to help if loaded.

option B9:
Thanks everyone, I called ESPO and left a message for Laura to call me back.

Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version