Drivetrain > The Dual Quad

Buick Dual Quad 2x4 Intake Manifold OEM X-PERIMENTAL 401 425 Factory !RARE!

(1/2) > >>

Loren At 65GS:

NOT Mine!

Saw this on eBay.

Selling an impossible to find original factory EXPERIMENTAL X-Code X-1357106 Buick 401/425 Dual Quad Intake Manifold.  This intake has some stories with it that I am happy to share.  I have been lucky enough to own this intake for the last 15 years or so.  I purchased it directly from the Flint, MI Buick Engineer who saved it from the scrap pile.  I have seen roughly 4 or 5 original X-code 401/425 intakes online over the years I have had this one and mine is probably the second to last prototype before they finalized the design for production.  I have seen the one after mine and it is basically an aluminum version of the stock iron dual quad intake.  Mine was used for final revisions of the coil bracket location and the AC bracket boss(both are in what would become, OEM standard dual quad locations).  This is an aluminum 2x4 Buick intake manifold and will work with all stock dual quad brackets/carbs/air cleaner. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403823037634?hash=item5e05ba8cc2:g:N9MAAOSwV9xi8cIW&vxp=mtr

Loren

jmos4:
Hi,

Neat piece, a few things not noted, the carb centerline are farther apart so a stock air cleaner won't fit and it is 7/8" taller than a cast iron one, so hood clearance maybe a issue

If you need references on comparison, look up my old post as posted years ago

Good luck to the seller as very steep price at 6500
Regards,
Jim

Loren At 65GS:

--- Quote from: jmos4 on August 11, 2022, 09:33:44 AM ---Hi,

Neat piece, a few things not noted, the carb centerline are farther apart so a stock air cleaner won't fit and it is 7/8" taller than a cast iron one, so hood clearance maybe a issue

If you need references on comparison, look up my old post as posted years ago

Good luck to the seller as very steep price at 6500
Regards,
Jim

--- End quote ---

Certainly a neat item if for nothing more than the history. 

http://65gs.com/board/index.php/topic,1743.msg11370.html#msg11370

Loren

jmos4:
Thanks Loren for finding the post, was having issues trying to post on my phone.

Also forgot to mention it is neat to see someone added the dashpot and coil mounts

Regards,
Jim

GS66:
Very cool! I got to see some rare Buick factory parts at the Dennis Manner display in BG! Cool stuff indeed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version