Author Topic: Interior  (Read 1153 times)

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Re: Interior
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2022, 06:43:05 AM »
Really well done Jim.  And a very nicely optioned car!
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
So how did you get the Retrosound stereo to fit? (Re: Interior)
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2022, 01:29:43 PM »
Dear Jim, John, Kevin, Chuck, and mid-60s Buick interior decorators,

Yes ,and retro sound  for radio

Oooh!  That turned out really nice!  I have some gripes with the Custom Autosound stereo in Biquette.  Is the Hermosa the model you used?

https://www.retromanufacturing.com/products/1964-67-buick-skylark-hermosa-radio

From there, did you glued on Buick letters on the radio buttons and managed to get the 1965 knobs to fit?  Was it relatively easy to adapt the stereo to take the original Buick knobs?

I'm all ears!  Do let us know how you pulled this one off!

Cheers, Edouard

Online Jim

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Interior
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2022, 02:34:36 PM »
Hi , yes Hermosa radio with the 120 bezel black face knobs  had to mount the radio first the bezel is 1/64 too tall so had to remove some plastic and fit it so it would go on from the outside of the dash .had a bad am radio so cut off the buttons  again Hermosa buttons 1/64to wide filed out back side of the buick ones and glued them on round buick knobs fit right on used the retro black face volume ,tuning knobs there alitte shorter had to put a little spacer in the hole to make them function  right .  P152 5.25. Rockford Fosgate speakers with a 1/4 spacer fit in the dash and comes with a 6x9 adapter  for the rear only using two channels  right now .jim
66 lesabre,68 Electra, 42special streetrod, multiple, chevs, 69 chevelle ss,67 skylark conv, 65 skylark ht,68 el Camino  and more , 65 skylarkgs

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Interesting! Thanks for sharing! (Re: Interior)
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2022, 03:35:36 PM »
Dear Jim and mid-60s Buick caregivers who dig cool tunes, . .

Hi , yes Hermosa radio with the 120 bezel black face
. . . .

Interesting!  I doesn't sound that difficult.  I can't take this project on right now, but it might be the swap I'm looking for when I'm feeling a little stronger!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers, Edouard