Announcements > Giving Thanks

Look at what "anonymous" got for me!

(1/1)

elagache:
Dear 65GS.com faithful,

It is well known that I have a soft-spot for wagons.  So when a board member who would prefer to remain anonymous came across this item - he knew who would like it!

You can click on the image to get an enlargement.  Instead of a payment, I was asked to make a contribution to my "favorite cause."  I don't know why, but 65GS.com immediately came to mind!

Thanks anonymous!!  :icon_thumright:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

P.S. Does anybody know more about this print?  I've noticed at least one curiosity.  The taillights are not correct for the 1964-65 Buick wagons. Any information or thoughts on this one?

GS66:
That is a very cool print, enjoy! Glad you are continuing to get healed.

Loren At 65GS:
Taillights, fender moldings and hubcaps indicate it is a '66

Loren

option B9:
Edouard, What you have is a dealership showroom poster. Way back in the 1980s I purchased a collection of Buick literature from an estate sale and it included some 66 & 67 dealer showroom posters just like the one that you have. I sold off whatever was not 1965 and that more than paid for what I spent.

Tony

elagache:
Dear Jim, Loren, Tony, and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

Thanks guys!  The third surgery in the sequence is tomorrow and I'm having the unavoidable butterflies considering that none of this has gone as planned.  So the positive waves are definitely appreciated!   :icon_thumright:

--- Quote from: Loren At 65GS on March 20, 2022, 06:54:17 PM ---Taillights, fender moldings and hubcaps indicate it is a '66

--- End quote ---

Okay, so indeed it is my bad!  You are 100% correct Loren.  I didn't search far enough to determine this was the 1966 version.  Nonetheless, it will serve nicely to set the mid-60s atmosphere at car shows.  At least to me, the background and artistic style is every bit as important at the car itself.  Luckily, few spectators will notice the difference and I will gladly acknowledge anyone who does!

Cheers, Edouard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version