General Discussion > GS Questions

Crankcase Breather, Grommet and Air Filter - CA Emissions

(1/2) > >>

Jimbo65:
Need to replace Crankcase Breather grommet on my 1965 GS (built in CA). Unable to find Part# or source for the breather or grommet. Also the hose leaving the breather is a 90 degree molded and tapered hose about 6" long that slides inside of the hose connected to the Air Cleaner. Is this correct? Pic attached. Thanks for any info!

WkillGS:
I would say that is the wrong hose. The ones I have seen are a short 90 degree boot, like this one.
Can you turn your air cleaner so the intake is on the drivers side, putting the breather hole in the A.C. at the valve cover breather?

GS66:
That?s how mine is Walt.

Jimbo65:
Thanks, Guys,
     I will try rotating the Air Cleaner Snorkel to the Driver's Side. That may solve the hose issue. I put the breather in the parts washer. It came out fairly clean. Could paint and reuse it. Grommet is worn out and just sits in the hole. It appears to be 1.375" OD x 1.0" ID x 1 13/16" top width. Has RDP 143 stamped in the rubber. No luck so far on finding it or the breather.

dsags:

--- Quote from: Jimbo65 on September 14, 2021, 10:04:47 AM ---Thanks, Guys,
     I will try rotating the Air Cleaner Snorkel to the Driver's Side. That may solve the hose issue. I put the breather in the parts washer. It came out fairly clean. Could paint and reuse it. Grommet is worn out and just sits in the hole. It appears to be 1.375" OD x 1.0" ID x 1 13/16" top width. Has RDP 143 stamped in the rubber. No luck so far on finding it or the breather.

--- End quote ---

Have you tried Cars in NJ ? They used to carry the grommets.

Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version