Drivetrain > The Dual Quad

Air Filters for Super Wildcat Air Cleaner

(1/5) > >>

cwmcobra:
I was hoping to find a K&N filter for the dual quad setup, but haven't had any success.  I've found a repro on Ebay but would prefer K&N or similar.  Any experience with this?

Thanks,

Chuck

nut465gs:
Chuck,

I doubt that K&N would make an air filter for the rare Buick 2x4 air cleaner. I don't know about the one on Ebay either. However, I do know that O'Reilly Auto Parts is the only place that I found that can get the correct fit air filter for the Buick dual quad air cleaner. It must have the extra wide lip at the top. Part number is either #542085 or #42085. It is made with the standard paper element material. Costs about $15.

John Egel

cwmcobra:
Thanks John.  Sounds like a better deal than the ebay option.

Chuck

cwmcobra:
Just checked with local O'Reillys and they say they can't get them.  I'll check some other stores.

nut465gs:
Chuck,

I bought my filter from O'Reilly's about 12 years ago. I checked with the store locally and they no longer have that filter available. All they have is the one for the single four barrel carb. They think that #542085 (#42085) was a WIX number, but I cannot find it listed on their Website as a valid number. I also checked with AutoZone and it's the same story. Nothing. Had I known, I would have bought a number of them twelve years ago. At least you got one from Ebay. Might be the only source left. Have you checked with NAPA?  Good luck.

John Egel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version