Projects & Restorations > Projects & Restorations

65 GS Post Coupe Restoration (Painting)

(1/33) > >>

option B9:
    Hi everyone, my 65 GS Post Coupe is in the shop for finished bodywork & paint. After 2 years and 3 body shops later. I found the right shop that was willing to preform the work now !  And not take my money and put it in the corner and never do the work..
   A brief history on the GS, I purchased the Post Coupe (flame red) back in May 2003 from Sandy Shuman in PA, loaded it on a U-Haul trailer and brought it home to NYC. The GS was basically a very rusty parts car. It needed everything. But I was determined to get it back on the road. Thru the 18 years I purchased 4 parts cars for some of the parts needed. Other parts came from fellow BCA members across the country. Replacing rusted out sheet metal took most of the time since I wanted to do it right the first time. The welding, new suspension, power front disc brakes, motor upgrades were all completed by the fall of 2018. In the Spring of 2019 I re-assembled the GS and started looking for a paint shop.
  Last week I received a call from the body shop to say that a rep from PPG was there to scan the paint so they can mix the correct code R paint color. This past Thursday I was at the shop to approve the paint color that they test sprayed on the front. I brought my 65 Buick Color & Trim album to match up the paint and it matched up ! So now they can go ahead and spray. I took photos of the GS to document the painting, More photos in a few weeks.

Tony  :wave:

GS66:
Nice! Happy to hear of the progress Tony! I have been trying to get my car painted for almost 2 years.

elagache:
Dear Tony, Jim, and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

Thanks Tony for the update on this very special car!   :thumbsup:  Please do keep us posted on the painting progress!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

gssizzler:
Wow! So good to see a project nearing the finish line! Steve would be so excited to see this car back to factory and on the road! Looking really nice!

cwmcobra:
Looking good Tony!  I'm sure Steve and the entire Shuman family will be proud when it's completed and better than it left the factory.  His legacy lives on!

Keep the pictures coming!

:cheers2:

Chuck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version