Electrical > Electrical

Converting from Special to Skylark steering wheel

(1/4) > >>

kcombs:
I am removing a malfunctioning tilt column and replacing it with a non-tilt Special from a 1965 automatic car. Things were looking good until I discovered the steering wheels are somewhat different. Anyone know where I can get the parts to make this work.

gssizzler:
So I take it you have the Special steering wheel but not the cancellation cam and no hardware! A Skylark wheel bolts up! Are you wanting to possibly sell the tilt? Or get it repaired?

Loren At 65GS:

--- Quote from: kcombs on June 18, 2021, 07:49:33 PM ---I am removing a malfunctioning tilt column and replacing it with a non-tilt Special from a 1965 automatic car. Things were looking good until I discovered the steering wheels are somewhat different. Anyone know where I can get the parts to make this work.

--- End quote ---

Not sure what you are inquiring .
As Jon stated, the steering wheels fit either, with a couple of exceptions. One exception is how the canceling works and the other is the horn contact. I should have the parts necessary.

Loren

kcombs:
I need the part, or parts, between the turn indicator switch and a Skylark wheel, non/tilt. Any help appreciated.

Loren At 65GS:
I think I have the correct parts. I took pictures of them and also of a straight column with the steering wheel removed.
 Our internet is on the fritz and I am not able post pictures from my phone. Hopefully the internet will be fixed and I will be able to get the pictures up for you.

Loren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version