General Discussion > General Discussion

Decoding Fremont build cars cowl tag PROJECT

(1/5) > >>

Loren At 65GS:
I'm interested in trying to decode the cowl tag from Fremont built cars. To be able to do this, I will need a great deal of input from members here.
 It would be necessary to have a picture of the cowl tag and a list of the known original options on each vehicle. By original options, I mean options only installed at time of factory build.  If there are options that you or the previous owner has added , it would be important to know that.

If you can not post pictures, or wish to not have them posted, you can email to : lealex1@yahoo.com

Loren

elagache:
Dear Loren and mid-60s Buick historians,

--- Quote from: Loren At 65GS on April 22, 2021, 08:51:47 AM ---I'm interested in trying to decode the cowl tag from Fremont built cars. To be able to do this, I will need a great deal of input from members here.
 It would be necessary to have a picture of the cowl tag and a list of the known original options on each vehicle.

--- End quote ---

Okay, I'll give this a try.  Here is the cowl tag for my trusty 1965 Buick Deluxe Special wagon:

OPGI claimed to have a list of available factory accessories from 1965 Buick.  This is what is displayed on Biquette's website:

As far as I know, those are the only factory accessories Biquette had: V-8 with 4 barrel carburetor, automatic transmission, power steering, and an AM radio.  She was a "plain Jane" wagon with a more modest price-tag.  Is there a more definitive list of factory accessories?  I'll definitely be happy to check on any other factory accessories that Biquette might have been equipped with.

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Loren At 65GS:
Thanks Edouard,
 Add to your options, the deluxe trim that Biquette has. I imagine she had manual brakes?

Loren

GS66:
Here is my 65 GS Fremont built tag. Car is two-tone, auto, PS, PB, Molding group, 2 dr HT. White with black painted top. Not sure if it had the road wheels or hubcaps, I got both with the car.

vinnie:
Loren, here is the cowl tag from my 65G.S. Hardtop. Artic White, blue interior, power steering, AM radio, rear speaker, sport wheels, add remote driver side mirror.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version