General Discussion > Q & A

Factory Correct Trunk Jack - info needed

(1/3) > >>

BuickGS65:
I'm looking for information on the CORRECT factory trunk jack for 1965.

There are SO many different GM bases, jack hooks, etc. - I'd like to know which one is 100% factory correct.

Can anyone share photos, dimensions and markings of a 100%-known-to-be-correct trunk jack, stand, base and hook?

Thank you!

gssizzler:
There were three different makers of jacks! I have done some research, but never able to determine whether or not if they were used by all plants or certain ones!? Or when!?  The makers were,auto specialties,universal tool and stamping, and California jack co! I know one of the designs is a solid T shape , second one was a hollow almost square, third one is either hollow or a solid Y shape!? I will  see if I can find my notes! First picture is of two of the three correct bases, second is of the T style which is 34 inches tall ! Big car jacks can be used to lift the car but they don't fit in the cradle in the trunk as they are to long!

197064buickspec:
I have had another style different base than those 3 pictured. Another one was a longer T style base.  I think I sold 2 of that style years ago with hack assemblies.  I don't have the old pictures of them.

BuickGS65:
Great info - thank you! I believe I have the correct jack hook and pole.

Questions:

My mechanism is damaged, right? If so, does anyone have a spare mechanism?

Also, I'm missing the base.  Does anyone have the correct base for this jack?

gssizzler:
So I found a picture of the base of the Jack 197064buick spec was talking about!? This one would be a Y shaped solid one similar to the solid T one!
I also found some notes ! Keep in mind most of the cars I have owned/parted
Were and are  Flint or Kansas cars! With a few Freemount and Baltimore ones!
So what I have found in the trunks may or may not be different that what came in your car! The 65's that I have owned had build dates from October 1964 to August of 1965! Some of the early cars had the Y style jack in them!
Also a few 64's I parted did! The Jack I found in most cars or most common was the one pictured in the previous post! Next would be the hollow style! I parted  20 or so cars,most were GS cars also if that makes and difference!?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version