Paint, Trim & Chrome > Paint

Buick Green engine paint code

(1/2) > >>

Aussie Skylark:
Hi Guys,
My engine components are clearing Australian customs and should be delivered soon.
Can anyone advise if there is a paint color code for Buick engine green?
I have found POR-15-42058 however wasn't sure if this is an individual manufactures code or the actual Buick color code.

Have a good weekend

Marcus

elagache:
Dear Marcus and mid-60s Buick engine bay interior decorators,

--- Quote from: Aussie Skylark on October 29, 2020, 10:06:55 PM ---My engine components are clearing Australian customs and should be delivered soon.
Can anyone advise if there is a paint color code for Buick engine green?
I have found POR-15-42058 however wasn't sure if this is an individual manufactures code or the actual Buick color code.
. . . . .

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, there is little support for what is affectionately called "Nailhead Green."  I don't remember the details, but this color wasn't used for very long.  There is an old thread where I ask your question and got some useful responses from this community:

http://65gs.com/board/index.php/topic,1991.0.html

Unfortunately, it is 6 years old.  I hope folks will chime in and provide us with any updates since that's plenty of time for product line-ups to change.

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

dsags:
Hirsch is the Buick Green I have used with good results.

Dan

option B9:
  I've been using the "Buick Green" paint from CARS in NJ with good results. I brush it on the block, thin it down with enamel thinner and spray it with my touch-up gun on valve covers and small engine parts. They even have it in spray cans...

Tony  :thumbsup:

WkillGS:
I've used the POR-15 engine paint. If I recall correctly (it was 2006) it worked well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version