Drivetrain > Rims & Tires

OE tires 65 Skylark

(1/3) > >>

Super65lark:
Just like the photo on the homepage, the whitewall size is 1" and white, is that right? This is a Skylark and not a GS. I want it to be the same way as came from factory.

elagache:
Dear Iain and mid-60s Buick caregivers with an eye to originality,

--- Quote from: Super65lark on June 15, 2020, 01:35:53 PM ---Just like the photo on the homepage, the whitewall size is 1" and white, is that right? This is a Skylark and not a GS. I want it to be the same way as came from factory.

--- End quote ---

The 1965 Buick full line sales brochure is available online from oldcarbrochures.org:

http://www.oldcarbrochures.org/United%20States/Buick/1965_Buick/1965-Buick-Full-Line-Prestige-Brochure/index.html

There is a photo of the Buick Skylark with 1" white-wall tires.  There are either drawings or photos of all the other Buick A-bodies with the same white-wall tires.  It is possible that some of the bottom-line Specials didn't come with white-walls, but the Skylark was a basically the highest trim package for the A-bodies.  All of them should have had 1" white-walls.

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

P.S.  Which company or companies where you considering for Ruthy's tires?

GreatScat1965:
In the For what it's worth department, I researched this about 25 yrs ago. I'm in the wholesale tire business so I had to look.
I came up with 7/8" WW. Brands always varied back then but I settled on the US Royal to be the appropriate if not one of the original tires.

Jerry

65GSConv:
In a 7.75x14 w/~1" White Wall, I could only find two different tires available today:

* Firestone in 7/8" White Wall
* BF Goodrich in 1" White WallIs there a US Royal still being made and available in a 7.75x14 w/1" White Wall?

GreatScat1965:
No, it looks like they only make the US Royal 7.75-14 in a redline for the GTO crowd. Depending on the car, that might actually look good. It would be a period correct upgrade I would guess.

Jerry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version