Drivetrain > The Dual Quad

1963 to 1965 Buick Riviera Dual Quad Chrome Air Cleaner

<< < (2/4) > >>

65GSConv:
Chuck, this is perfect - exactly what I was looking for.

I do see the parts list includes a new distributor assembly.  I see the parts list does not include a new cam or new valve covers.

Figure 1 shows the cast aluminum "ribbed" BUICK valve covers - and Figure 1 was an illustration for the 1966 Wildcat and Riviera Gran Sport models. Does this mean these particular valve covers were never a truly available option from Buick on a new 1965 Skylark Gran Sport, even when the dual quad kit was provided?  Just the normal stamped-steel valve covers, or the chrome valve covers that were available as part of an engine dress-up kit on 1965 Skylark Gran Sports?

Figures 2 & 3, photos of a 1966 Skylark Gran Sport, shows the cast aluminum "ribbed" BUICK valve covers as well. Do you know if these particular type of valve covers became available for the Skylark Gran Sport for the first time in the 1966 model year?

Mark Ascher:
The aluminum covers were never an RPO on a Skylark GS that I’m aware of. Quite a few were probably added as over the counter dealer add ons.

Mark

cwmcobra:
I also noted that the parts list does not include a camshaft, but it is shown with part number in the diagram.   :dontknow:

65GSConv:
From that perspective, so are the valve covers, both left & right sides (with part numbers).

Anyone know what factory 401 Skylark GS engine had for an original cam shaft part number?

GS66:

--- Quote from: Mark Ascher on April 29, 2020, 10:09:10 AM ---The aluminum covers were never an RPO on a Skylark GS that I’m aware of. Quite a few were probably added as over the counter dealer add ons.

Mark

--- End quote ---
The chrome dress up kit with valve covers and air cleaner seems like it was installed on a lot of Skylark Gran Sports in 65 and 66.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version