Announcements > New Members / Bio's

Been lurking for a while, time to introduce myself!

(1/4) > >>

JS65GS:
Hey all, been on the site quite a while, bought a few things here and there.. with some Covid-19 down time I thought I'd introduce myself and my project.  I'm sure there's loads of expertise and information here that I could use.

When I was 18 (in 2001) I bought a '65 GS that was down the street from my house, my dad always told stories about the '67 GS400 he had back in '67, so naturally I gravitated towards the car.  Once I got behind the wheel I then became a Buick/Nailhead nut, no turnin back.  The car also came with a complete 425 (Qjet setup), a TH400, an extra 2 speed, a 401 block, a couple sets of exhaust manifolds, intake manifolds, a couple carbs, and some various other parts.. I didn't even know i was buying when I purchased the car (for around $3k).

Car had a '66 401 in it, '70 Chevelle front disc brakes & a '70 442 rear end w/ the original 2 speed and some olds mags on it as well.  I drove it as much as I could, was my daily driver for a short while, it started having some engine problems and it sat for a while.  The pic attached is right when I started to get act together after it had sat.  Previous owner had done some tinkering.

Fast forward to the somewhat present and I was finally in the financial state to do some justice to the car.  I'll start a resto thread on this (with more pics).. but currently the body is off the frame at a body shop, repairing rust and prepping for paint.  Had the frame and rear end sand blasted and powder coated.  Had to take the ol 401 out, rebuilt the 425, putting that in.  It's getting a suspension overhaul (on its way now), 4 wheel disc conversion.. Ideally I'd like to convert the car over to a manual.. but don't really know what kind of can of worms I'd be opening (would love some feedback on that)..

I also not too long ago bought a '65 Riviera GS as an investment to flip and put $ into the Skylark, but who am I kidding.. I need em both!!

-Jerome

dsags:
Jerome, welcome to the forum.

cwmcobra:
Welcome Jerome!  Hope you're enjoying the air cleaner and the Riv is running well!

:cheers2:

Chuck

JS65GS:
It's running great, lookin great, thank you Chuck!!

Currently getting some new steering components.  Hoping to have back on the road here shortly.

yachtsmanbill:
Those Olds wheels do it justice! If your serious about a manual conversion, its Muchhh easier on one of these cars than a late 60's-70's with all the linkages and other stuff thats in the way. Its pretty much simple nuts and bolts and of course $$$. I have a perfect BUICK bellhousing but its a BOP pattern and wont fit the nailhead. Thats going to be your major stumbling block. Welcome! ...And participate! 

The BADLAD and his older sister the BADLASS!  Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version