Projects & Restorations > Projects & Restorations

Saving a 65 GS 3 speed

(1/24) > >>

red65gs:
Beginning the journey to restore this 65 GS 3 speed.

red65gs:
Thanks to everyone's help here, I've been able to decode everything but the "star". Built 3rd week of April in the Flint plant. V8 coupe, of course, with blue interior, 2 tone Astro Blue Poly with a white top. All tinted glass, 2 tone paint, 3 speed trans,backup lights, belted reveal molding, remote mirror, GS trim, door edge guards and deluxe retractor seat belts. I always wondered if the "star" was for star shaped headliner since people have speculated that the star is for some special interior code. This vehicle has the Tier style headliner or what's left of it. So the star doesn't makes sense. More to come as I make progress.

gssizzler:
Hey  :headbang: another rare 3 speed  car on the road to redemption! I have one to!A post car One of 405 so equipped! Also yours is one of 604 hardtops built with a 3 speed and one of 4881 hardtops built at Flint! Nice with the tinted glass and belt reveal!

red65gs:
Very excited about the originality of this car. Still sporting the original AFB.

red65gs:
Anyone know where I can get the correct barrel nuts for the emblem? Not sure why they were removed. The emblem was in the glovebox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version