Classifieds > Vendor / Seller / Buyers Feedback

Hood to Fender Bumpers

(1/5) > >>

cwmcobra:
I received the hood to fender bumpers from Fusick today (HB652B) and was able to compare them with an original bumper and with the Metro bumper (HF 26B) that I had bought previously.  Here are my conclusions:

* The Metro bumper is about 1/4" shorter overall and is shorter from its bottom to the point where the rubber tang fits into the hole in the fender.  This means the when installed, the bottom will not reach to the surface on the fender that it is supposed to "rest on".
* The Fusick bumper is about 1/16" shorter than the original, but is the same dimension from its bottom to the point where it inserts into the fender.  So it should fit tight to the fender surface when installed.  The thickness of the bottom of the bumper is the same as the original, but the contour is slightly different.
* The three bumpers are all approximately the same width.  The slotted hole in the fender that the bumper tang fits into is about 3/4" wide, as is the original bumper.  The Fusick bumper is a hair wider, but I'm sure it will still fit into the slotted hole.
Bottom line....The Metro bumper is much different than the original and will not fit the fender well.  The Fusick bumper is slightly different than the original, but is by far the closest in size and configuration.  And it should fit well on the fender. 

The Fusick bumper is the keeper!

Pictures below....

:cheers2:

Chuck

yachtsmanbill:
So Chuck... whats the consensus on the difference between OPGI and FUSIK?  Heres the comp. Are they the same. One is seeming to be missing the installation slot for the "pusher" tool. Hmmm   Bill

http://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HB652B

OPGI is part # prodinfo.asp?number=HB652B

The OPGI link comes up as FUSIK here as well, but the pics look different as well as the $$$. Are they the same company? Thoughts?  Am I missing something? 

CARS part from ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-1975-Buick-Hood-to-Fender-Bumper-Narrow-HFB610/182153008715?fits=Year%3A1965%7CModel%3ASkylark&epid=665964342&hash=item2a692a564b:g:8FEAAOSw7FRWZc-f:sc:USPSFirstClass

elagache:
Dear Chuck, Bill, and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

Thanks Chuck for the detailed report!  :icon_thumright:

I'll try to make a similar comparison when the CARS bumpers I ordered arrive.  They are due soon.

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

gssizzler:
Still looking for those nos ones to compare hard to get a good look at the originals as most are smash down ripped up, or missing! Thanks for posting Chuck!

cwmcobra:
Bill,

I can't seem to find the Fusick part on the OPGI website, but if it's the same Fusick part number, it should be the same.  I did find on the OPGI site a part that looks just like the CARS bumper on eBay.

All I know is the original bumpers do not have the split in the front like the OPGI and CARS bumpers do.  And the dimensions of the Fusick part are darn close to those of the original.  The picture on the Fusick site is very representative of the actual part.

:cheers2:

Chuck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version