Author Topic: 2019 Hot Rod Power Tour  (Read 1704 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks for sharing! (Re: 2019 Hot Rod Power Tour)
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2019, 01:35:08 PM »
Dear Chuck, Kevin, and mid-60s Buick lovers,  :love4:

Thanks for sharing all those pictures Chuck!!  :icon_thumright:

I especially liked the Buick with the "This is my grandpa's Buick!" painted very neatly.  That's the spirit! :hello2:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: 2019 Hot Rod Power Tour
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2019, 03:40:23 PM »
Got home around 2 today. The 65 performed flawlessly and covered 1,653 miles this week! Did have one near miss as a lady cut in front of me on the way home in some small town. Locked up the drums with about a foot to spare, pretty close.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Glad you and Buick are safe and sound! (Re: 2019 Hot Rod Power Tour)
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2019, 03:23:22 PM »
Dear Jim and mid-60s Buick road warriors,

Got home around 2 today. The 65 performed flawlessly and covered 1,653 miles this week!

Glad your 65 performed so well!  Biquette definitely still has some shakedown issues to be resolved before undertaking that sort of a road trip.

Did have one near miss as a lady cut in front of me on the way home in some small town. Locked up the drums with about a foot to spare, pretty close.

Glad it was only a near miss.  Alas people's attitudes toward cars has changed and this in part has made them more bold.  It definitely discourages me from taking Biquette as much as I would like to.

Glad you and Buick are home safe and sound!

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2019, 09:01:14 PM »
After logging over 500 miles in the Steve Shuman convertible, returned home yesterday morning before 10:00 am.  The car did fine until I got home and popped the hood to check fluids and found power steering fluid all over.  Apparently, on the last leg of the trip the high pressure fitting on the back of the pump decided to leak.  Got it off and found the O-ring mangled.  Ordered a new seal kit and hope to have it ready to be washed and road worthy again by Wednesday.

I was really pleased with how well the car ran after not being driven any distance for about 15 years.  The top leaked a bit in the rains, but not as much as I had feared.  Very pleased and had a ball on that last leg of the Power Tour!

Happy Fathers Day!!

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Glad you and your Buick also made it home! (Re: 2019 Hot Rod Power Tour)
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2019, 01:19:13 PM »
Dear Chuck and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

Glad that you made it home as well with your Buick.  Sorry about the power steering fluid leak, but at least the car got you home!  I hope the repairs and clean up goes smoothly and the car will be back in service soon!

Offline yachtsmanbill

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2019, 02:12:26 PM »
Sounds like a blast! When you do that pump Chuck, make sure you replace the O ring between the pump and the case; its under where the high pressure fitting enters the sheet metal housing.

Glad everyone made it safer and sound!  Bill
Nothing comes alive like a 455 !