Author Topic: heater hoses  (Read 1934 times)

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: heater hoses
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 08:40:38 PM »
   For what I'm understanding so far it's the Eckler's Corvette Heater Hoses 1968-82 Part # 25-253203-1 @ $31.99 kit. It's a ribbed hose with no writing on them. If it's not these hoses would please post and let us know because i plan on getting a few sets and so are many members reading this site. :icon_thumright:

Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline Buick_65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 07:31:44 PM »
   For what I'm understanding so far it's the Eckler's Corvette Heater Hoses 1968-82 Part # 25-253203-1 @ $31.99 kit. It's a ribbed hose with no writing on them. If it's not these hoses would please post and let us know because i plan on getting a few sets and so are many members reading this site. :icon_thumright:

Tony

Yes, that's what i ordered.  They are a really close match.

Offline Buick_65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 07:33:25 PM »
There are corvette heater hoses that get you very close to original.  If you search the forum a part number should be available.  seems to me it was 68-82 vette with air conditioning.

These?

no, these. 

https://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corvette-heater-hose-kit-with-air-conditioning-small-block-and-big-block-1968-1982.html

Alright, I'm confused lol.
What is the best part number for Eckler's?
And the hoses of the same for us Buick folks regardless if a/c or non a/c, right?
Thanks!

The 25-253203-1 is what i ordered.  I cannot speak to correctness on a non AC car, but they are really close to the originals from what i have heard and can tell.

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2018, 09:14:40 PM »
    Thanks  BUICK_65 for clearing that up.    We all thank you.    :icon_salut: Tony
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.

Offline Buick_65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2018, 02:05:28 AM »
    Thanks  BUICK_65 for clearing that up.    We all thank you.    :icon_salut: Tony

You bet.  I am glad to be able to contribute a little something after all that i have gained from this forum/group.  Great bunch of folks here with tons of knowledge.

Offline McNew

• Buick Fan
  • Ron
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 01:33:54 PM »
Great bunch of information and I'll be ordering those hoses.  I also looked in the assembly manual to see what the correct hose clamps might be and see that they used both styles.  I attached a photo that shows correct placement of the hoses and the two different style hose clamps used in 1965.  Thanks to all you guys for all the information over the years.

Regards,

Ron
1965 Skylark Gran Sport Post Car
BCA 49676

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 07:45:07 PM »
      Thanks for the photo Ron.  :thumbsup:    Tony

Offline Super65lark

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2018, 11:04:11 PM »
A few things:
Ron, I only see the corbin spring there..?
I was at the very last car show of the season today (btw 83F @beach) and not only did I not see ANY correct hose clamps, I did not see any Skylarks, Specials or other 60s Buicks. So that's a testament to just how rare our cars are.
I've only shown once, and I wouldn't necessarily do it for myself, but just so other people can see the Buick! There really are so few. There eas a woody wagon, a super 8, and that was it. A whole lot of Barracudas (60s) strangely.

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2018, 05:49:24 AM »
Look in the middle of the drawing on the right side.  There's a diagram of the two different clamps.  It's a "forest for the trees" thing....

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline TrunkMonkey

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • 65GS.com Mechanic
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2018, 07:38:33 AM »
 Thanks, Super65lark and Buick_65.

Ordered a set.   :glasses9:
Michael

The first 60 years were spent on surviving. The second 60 are gonna be spent on fun!

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Buicks are indeed very rare and under appreciated. (Was: heater hoses)
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2018, 09:24:46 AM »
Dear Iain and owners of rare cars,

I was at the very last car show of the season today (btw 83F @beach) and not only did I not see ANY correct hose clamps, I did not see any Skylarks, Specials or other 60s Buicks. So that's a testament to just how rare our cars are.
I've only shown once, and I wouldn't necessarily do it for myself, but just so other people can see the Buick! There really are so few. There eas a woody wagon, a super 8, and that was it. A whole lot of Barracudas (60s) strangely.

Sadly your observations are consistent with others.  The Orinda Classic Car show typically would have 4-5 Buicks and is now down to only 2.  When we have the time and means we should try to get our cars to shows to get the word out that Buicks are rare and worth preserving!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline McNew

• Buick Fan
  • Ron
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2018, 12:13:15 PM »
I used the aftermarket tower clamps on my heater hoses and had a problem with the one on the manifold leaking so I replaced it with an aviation screw type to stop it leaking.  The aftermarket tower clamps aren't the best quality but the real problem was the fitting being corroded and pitted.  I take my car to several of the local car shows and being I only live less than 30 miles from where it was built in Flint Michigan I seldom see another 64 or 65 at the shows. Most people walk right by my car to look at the hot rods, Camaro's, Chevelle's Mustang's and 70's GS's, there's lots of those.  I try to go to all the local shows because I love to drive the car and it's something I really like to do rather than something I should be doing, it's always interesting to see the cars and talk to other car people.  You would think that the first year of the Gran Sport would be more appreciated but I can't even find a model of one. It's a good thing that this web site exists to show a real appreciation for these great cars and the people that keep them going.

Ron
1965 Skylark Gran Sport Post Car
BCA 49676

Offline TrunkMonkey

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • 65GS.com Mechanic
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2018, 01:21:25 PM »
 :thumbsup:
Michael

The first 60 years were spent on surviving. The second 60 are gonna be spent on fun!

Offline Super65lark

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 07:45:49 PM »
In case anyone does not know, the spring clamp is called Corbin. These are the pliers.