General Discussion > Buick Interchange

Control arms

(1/2) > >>

Rollaround:
Are all A body front upper and lower control arms the same?
I'm replacing suspension components on the yellow car and would like to try tubular control arms.
My understanding is 65-67 are the same for all GM A body's. But there's lots of confusion out there, or maybe it's just I that am confused.   

TrunkMonkey:
You should be fine.

I used UMI 54-67 "Stage II" replacing everything, front to rear, and had no troubles.
(1964 Skylark Pervertable)

In addition, I used the larger Pro-Forge front steering links and only needed to grind a little off the the top/open side of the "skid plate" on the front cross member. Just to be sure the drag link was happy.

I can take pics, or answer any questions. And you can always contact Ramey. (If you go with UMI stuff)

He is a very nice guy and quick to help.

Rollaround:
Thanks Michael, I’m removing my QA1 coil overs, the ride is just to harsh. I ordered new front and rear springs from Springs and Things Last Friday. I plan on getting a quality shock on the firm side and using tubular control arms. That will go with my increased size front and rear sway bars.

TrunkMonkey:
Sweet.

My car handles and rides like it's on ice skates. It is solid, but not harsh, and stays flat in the curves. No roll, no sway, and I have 245 R60 15s all around and lowered a bit.

elagache:
Dear Michael and owners of mid-60s photogenic Buicks,

--- Quote from: TrunkMonkey on September 15, 2018, 08:59:44 PM ---My car handles and rides like it's on ice skates.
--- End quote ---

Beautiful picture!    Thanks for sharing!  :hello2:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

P.S. How about taking and sharing some more?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version